Board Meeting 2009-04-24
Communication will be using Skype voice, initiated by Tyler. Be sure to give him your Skype username.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve Board Meeting 2009-03-13 minutes.
- Approve FOSS4G 2009 Budget
- See board-priv e-mail with budget attachments
- Special meeting to discuss/pass FOSS4G budget
- Attended: Bob Bray, Paul Ramsey, Howard Butler, Ari Jolma, Frank Warmerdam, Arnulf Christl, Markus Neteler, Jo Walsh, Jeroen Ticheler, Tyler Mitchell, Cameron Shorter (re: FOSS4G budget)
- Scribe: Tyler
- Cameron: gave overview of FOSS4G process
- Some sponsors giving warning bells re: tightening belts due to economic outlook. Estimates moved from 500-700 down to 300-500 to keep conservative.
- Have reviewed costs for also cancelling event. Now focused more than ever to make it a good go. Potentially cutting extras and code sprint related items.
- this budget increases cost AU$100, plus a 5% to cover major computing society discounts we might offer... in return for their broader promotion. Still being discussed and worked on.
- budget reduced sponsorship estimates. some other sponsors still pending. Some discussion of further sponsor ideas.
- CARRIED: Arnulf motions to approve the FOSS4G 2009 budget and payment of invoice. Paul seconded, all were in favour.