Board Meeting 2011-03-03

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search


Please note that this meeting has been scheduled one hour later than usual!

This board meeting is scheduled for the 3rd of March 2011 at 18:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype.


Agenda

Minutes

Action Summary

  1. MOTION: Daniel moved to appoint Wolf and Anne as official GSoC admins for OSGeo, Frank seconded, all were in favour. Voted in IRC and Skype voice confirmed. Motion passed.
  2. TODO: Jeff will post some notes to wiki about compiling a conference planning handbook
  3. TODO: Arnulf to take conference handbook idea to Conference Committee list to start discussions.
  4. TODO: Arnulf to follow up on board or discuss list re: OGC/Open Source whitepaper.
  5. TODO: Take Sponsors and FOSS4G comps discussion to board, then conference committee lists
  • Next meeting: 2011-04-07
    • TODO: Fix time of subsequent meetings

Details

  1. GSoC coming up, Board to appoint official administrator. Wolf volunteered together with Anne.
    1. MOTION: Daniel moved to appoint Wolf and Anne as official GSoC admins for OSGeo, Frank seconded, all were in favour. Voted in IRC and Skype voice confirmed. Motion passed.
  2. FOSS4G 2011 update (Jeff)
    1. FOSS4G planning going well. Jeff brought up prices of hotels for discussion recently. Tyler: it's not really a consolation to attendees, but we got all the meeting rooms for the event for free, with this arrangement with Sheraton, thereby keeping the ticket prices lower.
    2. Arnulf: asking about conference planning handbook manual to maintain continuity between years, building on "Lessons Learned" pages in a systematic way. Jeff has some notes and a template he was discussing with Paul.
    3. TODO: Jeff will post some notes to wiki about compiling a conference planning handbook
    4. TODO: Arnulf to take conference handbook idea to Conference Committee list to start discussions.
    5. Tyler and Peter interested in helping too. FOSSGIS (D-A-CH) has one they are using too which has helped a lot.
  3. Wikipedia / OSGeo Introduction - report ( if anything ) from first contact
    1. Arnulf wrote an introduction, included Brian in the CC. No feedback yet.
  4. Talk:Open Source and Open Standards ( Arnulf )
    1. It is a follow up from last year. We had a request for input from the OGC. They want to write a White paper on what they understand about "Openness" in their context. And relate it to Openness in the Open Source / Free Software understanding. Looking for more community feedback and tweaking.
    2. TODO: Arnulf to follow up on board or discuss list re: OGC/Open Source whitepaper.
  5. Marketing list discussion on giving OSGeo sponsors free FOSS4G passes (Tyler)
    1. General support for the idea from board. Discussion of who pays for what - LOC vs. Board budget. For future events would be good to have x# of passes available for Board to distribute to sponsors, at cost. Build into RFP so it's accounted for early on.
    2. Need financial review of proposal/effects
    3. TODO: Take Sponsors and FOSS4G comps discussion to board, then conference committee lists
  6. Incubation reports ( Arnulf )
    1. Arnulf suggests having mentors report regularly to 'someone' to help assess speed and efficacy of progress.
    2. Need replacement chair of Incubation Committee, been discussed already in the committee. Daniel has volunteered and been put forward as a replacement for committee to consider already.
  • Arnulf motioned to close the meeting, Chris seconded, all were in favour
  • Next meeting: 2011-04-07
    • TODO: Fix time of subsequent meetings