Board Meeting 2012-06-07

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 7th of June 2012 at 17:00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


  • Review past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-05-10
  • Appoint secretary
  • Action items from last meeting
    1. Peter Batty and Jo Cook to work on getting FOSS4G 2011 material online - discussions under way, need to get some (small) volunteer effort to pull things together
    2. Preparation for elections in July
    3. mpg to do inventory of committees and local chapters (carried over from previous meeting)
      • Clean out and update Charter Membership (carried over from previous meeting again)
    4. Daniel to resolve 'c3 vs. 'c6 issue
    5. Jo report from the ELOgeo importation process
    6. Daniel to decide what to do about QuickBooks issue
  • update on Beijing FOSS4G conference discussion
  • (place holder:) OSGeo Ambassador role.
  • Continue dialog on how to associate with Eclipse
  • Confirm next meeting time and date Board Meeting 2012-07-12
  • Incubation committee motions:
    • PostGIS has completed incubation requirements, project officer Paul Ramsey
    • Note that Opticks and Zoo-Project have entered the incubation process
  • Organize OSGeo elections (find CRO)
  • please add items


  • logistics
    • detailed conversation log:
    • Attending: Arnulf Christl, Peter Batty, Daniel Morissette, Frank Warmerdam, Jo Cook
    • Absent: Tim Schaub, Michael Gerlek, Mark Lucas
    • Chair: Arnulf Christl
    • Secretary: Frank Warmerdam

Assigned Tasks

  1. Daniel/Peter to produce a brief final report to the OSGeo membership on FOSS4G 2011 (financial, etc).
  2. Arnulf to write an official statement from the Board announcing that FOSS4G in Beijing will be the global FOSS4G event including Sol Katz award, shootouts and other global activities by OSGeo.
  3. Arnulf to set up, schedule and run 2012 elections


  1. Daniel motioned to appoint Arnulf Christl Chief Returning Officer (CRO) for the 2012 Charter Member and Board elections. Motion carried.
  2. Daniel motioned for "a statement from the board that despite the poor communication with the LOC we are still behind our decision to have Beijing FOSS4G being the international FOSS4G and we encourage community members to do anything they can to help make it a success." Seconded by Arnulf. Motion carried with support Daniel, Arnulf and Jo. Peter and Frank abstained.
  3. Arnulf moved that PostGIS graduate from incubation with Paul as project officer. Motion carried.
  4. Arnulf moved that Opticks and Zoo Project be admitted to the incubation process. Motion carried.


  • Approval of previous minutes deferred as past Secretary (FrankW) failed to collect them.
  • Jo noted that a process is in place to batch upload FOSS4G materials to ELOGeo and it will be pursued for 2011 first.
  • GITA has transferred the balance of FOSS4G 2011 proceeds (~$37K) to OSGeo.
  • After discussion of the Marketting Advocate role it was agreed that the board still had a need for something like the original Ambassador role, in which the board would play a role but details were not resolved.
  • Next board meeting set for 2012-07-12.