Board Meeting 2013-01-17

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled for the 17th of January 2013 at 20.00 UTC on IRC and follow up voting on Skype or by email.


Agenda

  • roll call
  • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-12-13
  • Next Face-to-Face Board meeting
    • could be full day virtual meeting instead
  • Next AGM
    • possibly at FOSS4G Nottingham
  • FOSS4G updates
    • Nottingham (sept)
    • Minneapolis (may)
    • Buenos Aires (april)
    • Tokyo/Osaka (nov)
    • Bucharest (may)
  • MoU with universities - new entries and candidates (summary from Anne)
  • Follow up on request for official Emeritus status, see also mail thread.
  • please add items
  • Decide on who to report this meeting summary to the Discuss list
  • Schedule next meeting

Minutes

Topics

  • Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2012-12-13
    • MOTION: aghisla moves to accept minutes, mlucas seconds. Carried
  • Face-to-Face Board meeting
    • Meeting will be virtual, 3 hours, using Google Hangout
    • ACTION: jachym prepares doodle pool for virtual face to face meeting, jmckenna controls it.
  • Annual Global Meeting
    • Postponed to FOSS4G Global, Notthingham
    • MOTION: jmckenna moves to hold the OSGeo Annual General Meeting during the FOSS4G Nottingham event in September. Carried
    • ACTION: jmckenna to contact jo/peter to make sure they know we are confirmed
  • Short info about FOSS4G-CEE status for the year 2013
    • jachym reports, how things are moving for the FOSS4G-CEE for the year 2013, organized by the Bucharest team.
    • There is plan, organizing FOSS4G-E (for Europe) for the year 2014
  • MoU with universities, aghisla reports
    • Several universities (Kathmandu, Melbourne, Kentucky, Warsaw and Mexico) asked how to establish open source geospatial labs
    • aghisla is following steps, done earlyer by User:Sanand
  • Other topics
    • jachym notes, we should activaly popup at INSPIRE conference. jachym will try to prepare some proposal
  • Next meeting
    • Will be Face to face meeting, organized with help of doodle pool
  • MOTION: meeting closed

Assigned Tasks

  • ACTION: jachym prepares doodle pool for virtual face to face meeting, jmkenna controls it.
  • ACTION: jmckenna to contact jo/peter to make sure they know we are confirmed

Motions

  • MOTION: aghisla moves to accept minutes, mlucas seconds. Carried
  • MOTION: jmckenna moves to hold the OSGeo Annual General Meeting during the FOSS4G Nottingham event in September. Carried