Board Meeting 2014-12-11
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This board meeting is scheduled for the 11th of December 2014 at  through IRC and follow up voting by email.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes: Board Meeting 2014-11-13
- brief treasurer report
- FOSS4G 2016 update
- Organise Board Sprint (see Doodle from Anne)
- Updating/Recording accurate foundation officers
- Website committee chair not active (according to the chair)
- Geodata committee not actively used (according to the chair)
- Marketing committee without a chair
- Updating/Recording accurate local chapters
- Agree on 5-level project evaluation as proposed by Cameron 
- OSGeo is now a registered 'organization' with OGC, and goal is to have all OSGeo "products"/projects listed there. (initial discussion on Projects list)
- Select next meeting date/time
- Attending: Jeff, Anne, Jorge, Jachym, Mike, Bart, Maxi
- Presiding: Jeff
- Scribing: Anne
- Jeff/Bart: finalise FOSS4G 2016 RfP and send it out by 15/12/2014
- Anne: propose location/date for Board F2F in Spring 2015
See email thread on the Board list.
|Anne: Approve past meeting's minutes||9||0||0||Yes|
Full, raw minutes notes
- 15:00 Meeting starts, 6 Board members present
- 15:06 Motion: approve past meeting's minutes: passed
- 15:07 Brief treasurer report
- Mike reports that IRS form 990's for the past 3 years, 2012, 2013, 2014 have been prepared by our accountant, and he signed them.
- He is also working with TD bank in the US to setup a new account in the US. There will be the possibility to give access to 3 Board members.
- He will also be working to establish an OSGeo credit card with the same bank for some expenses.
- Board discusses on the format of monthly/quarterly reports. Mike sends demo reports from Quickbooks and suggests to start with a set of reports, then adjust at need.
- OSGeo has nearly 300K$ in the bank account, and waits for 100K$ from FOSS4G 2014.
- 15:28 FOSS4G 2016 update
- Jeff reports there is much activity in Conference Committee about the RfP
- Bart notices that the timeline for the first proposal overlaps too much with European winter holidays, so after a short discussion he sends a mail to conference_dev proposing a shifted timeline
- Discussion about including the full financial spreadsheet from 2013, as Steven Feldman asked so
- 15:44 Board Sprint
- Anne has prepared a Doodle for the planning of regular Board Sprints, where Board members have voted for a 3-hour meeting every 2 months, preferably on Tuesdays.
- The discussion shifts to a face-to-face meeting, and the options of joining a spring conference is considered
- Maxi proposes a three-day sprint in a convenient location, in the beginning of 2015, with expenses paid back (comment by Arnulf)
- Maxi and Jeff agree on having a clear agenda for the day, well discussed before the actual sprint, and clear outcomes from the sprint itself
- 16:00 Next Board meeting datetime
- Most members agree on http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-01-15