Jump to navigation Jump to search
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- To be elected, a charter member need a nomination by a current charter member and at least one other charter member seconding the nomination. Only veto can be raised by sending a private e-mail to the CRO that has to inform the board for an anonymous review. If the veto is accepted by the board, then the CRO shall make it public and the charter member is not elected.
For more details see the Membership Process.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2023-Sep-15 to 2023-Oct-6
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (not to discuss at osgeo.org) with their details, using the #Nomination template below. For the Nomination statement use a paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member. Please include details about the positive attributes of the nominee:
- Members should believe in the general goals of the OSGeo Foundation: to support and promote the use of free and open source geospatial software, education and data in a collaborative manner.
- Previous participation in or support of OSGeo activities.
- Previous contribution to free and open source geospatial software, education or open data.
- The person should be willing to put in time and effort on the OSGeo Foundation, perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the Foundation going.
- Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset.
- The CRO will contact the nominated person and confirm they are willing to participate and compile the 2023 member nominations list.
Nominating person: Nominating e-mail: Nominating profile page: Nominee name: Nominee last name: Nominee e-mail: Nominee country: Nominee wiki page (optional): Nominee profile page: Nomination statement:
Community Review and voting: (TBA)
- Community review of nominations
- New Member Nominations 2023
- Online vote (to second nominations) using OSGeo Electronic Voting system based on Lime Survey.
- The CRO has to present candidate list to the board for approval
- Report to the board: (TBA)
- Board will process and announce the results by: (TBA)
- The CRO has to update the charter member list
- Update after board approval and before Nominations for board start.
Nominate new Board Members
Campaign period (9 days)
Vote for new Board Members (14 days)