FOSS4G2007 OSGeo Booth
Volunteers - sign up now, take a slot or two in the Schedule below...
- OSGeo will be in the main exhibition hall, in a double sized booth that faces the rear of the hall (where some of the food/beverages will be).
- The space immediately in front is emtpy and is the same size as the double booth. It will be clearer once I get a diagram together, but it could be used for a lounge or stands, etc. as well.
- We have booth spaces 16, 17, 18, 19 - with the general idea that 17/18 are not normal booths but mostly open space covering a 16x20 foot area.
- See room layout here.
- There will be 4-6 computer workstations set up as a public Internet Cafe. You can help by setting this up before the hall opens, see volunteer schedule below.
- Move in: Monday, September 24th - 12:00 to 18:00
- Move out: Thursday, September 27th - 15:00 to 18:00 (tear down not permitted before 15:00)
- Tuesday, September 25th - 12:00 to 18:00
- Wednesday, September 26th - 09:00 to 17:00
- Thursday, September 27th - 09:00 to 13:00
Volunteers to help
- Michael Gerlek
- Dean Mikkelsen
- Mateusz Loskot - available from Sep 21th, willing to help in any tasks, etc.
- Tyler Mitchell - I'm also doing the coordination with the conference centre to set up and order equipment, etc.
- Arnulf - available throughout except for slots where she gives talks or moderates sessions.
- Lorenzo Becchi - available except for slots where he gives talks or moderates sessions.
- Jeroen Ticheler - available throughout except when giving talks or moderating other sessions.
- Add your name here...
Please add your name somewhere to the schedule below. At least 3 people are desired for each slot. You are more than welcome to sign up for more than 1 slot!
|Set Up: Monday - 12:00 to 13:00||Tyler available until 12:30|
|Tuesday - Computer Setup - 08:00 to 09:00|
|12:00 to 14:00||Tyler available until 13:30|
|14:00 to 16:00|
|16:00 to 18:00|
|Wednesday - 09:00 to 12:00||Tyler 11:00 to 12:00|
|12:00 to 14:00||Tyler (tentative)|
|14:00 to 16:00||Tyler (tentative)|
|16:00 to 17:00|
|Thursday - 09:00 to 11:00|
|11:00 to 13:00|
|Take down: 15:00 to 16:00||Tyler (tentative)||mpg|
Who Is Doing What?
- Tyler is doing general coordination for the booth, but isn't available the whole time
- John Graham will bring a small OptIPortal set up (2x3 displays, approx. 14 megapixels), with interactive 3d controller for showing off some 3D technology, i.e. ossimPlanet
- Aaron Racicot is bringing a bunch of the OSGeo branding stuff for the booth
- You are encourage to sign up above to help or at least to come and show demos of your favourite projects
- add more...
Here is the layout for the booth space. A couple computer Internet cafe stations will be set up at the bottom of fringe of the booth.