FOSS4G 2009 Meeting 2008-08-29 (Venue/Date selection )

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

Organising Committee Meeting held on Friday 29 August 2008

Present:

  • At Tour Hosts offices:
    • Committee (OC): Cameron Shorter (CS)
    • Tour Hosts (TH): Denisa Adamova, Janelle Driscoll, Kirsty O’Brien, Andrew Durbridge
  • Via teleconference: Shoaib Burq (SB), Dave Patton (DP), Bruce Bannerman (BB), Jeff McKenna (JM), Harley Press, Simon Hope

Apologies: Tyler Mitchell (TM), Tim Bowden (TB) , Chris Tweedie (CT), Markus Lupp (ML), Mark Leslie (ML)

Venue and Conference Dates

Discussions

  • TH is investigating the option of having the exhibition in the Parkside foyer rather than hiring Exhibition Halls. This would reduce the venue cost. TH to confirm once floor plan approved.
  • If choosing the SCEC, additional costs of $33.50 pre person would be added to the registration fee for each delegate (this does not reflect accommodation costs).
  • OC confirmed that the SCEC is a better location for the Conference.
  • For the moment SCEC is the preference. But we need to look at accommodation options and dates at both venues.

Actions

  • TH to send the list of accommodation options to the OC.
  • TH to look into alternative venue options.
  • TH to contact SCEC about other alternative dates.
  • CS to send an e-mail the OSGeo list asking people about preferred dates for the Conference.
  • TH/OC would like to have the venue and date confirmed by Friday 7 August.

Sponsorship and Exhibition

Discussions

  • Jeff McKenna and Bruce Bannerman will have a lead role in Sponsorship and Exhibition.
  • OC is happy with the sponsorship hierarchy and target.
  • It was decided that private information (including the Sponsorship and Exhibition Document) should be sent using the foss4g-private e-mail address rather then the private wiki.

Actions

  • TH to draft the Sponsorship and exhibition document. This document will include the entitlements of each package and the number of packages available.

Website

Discussions

  • Dave confirmed that he can help with converting pages of the website to PHP.

Actions

  • TH to convert the website to HTML.
  • TH to reply to OC comments on the wiki website page.
  • TH to update the website with the comments the OC has provided and resend the test link.

FOSS4G 2008 Promotion

Discussions

  • TH staff may be attending the FOSS4G 2008 conference to look at the technical and logistical parts of the Conference. To be discussed further at the budget meeting on Wednesday.
  • It was suggested that an Jeff McKenna will be in charge of promoting FOSS4G 2009 to sponsors, exhibitors and delegates at the FOSS4G 2008 Conference.

Actions

  • Confirmed Australian attendees: Chris Tweedie, Tim Bowden or Ben. CS to contact all of them and confirm their attendance.
  • JM will contact the 2008 conference organisers to organise for postcards promoting FOSS4G 2009 to be in the delegate satchels as well as advertising the 2009 conference in either/ both the opening and closing ceremony.
  • TH will produce a pull up banner to advertise FOSS4G 2009. This will be placed at the OSGeo exhibition stand.
  • TH to produce session slides and a video advertising FOSS4G 2009 to be played at either or both the opening and closing ceremony.

Budget

Discussions

Actions

  • TH to send an e-mail to the foss4g2009- private list to set up a budget meeting. It was suggested that Dave Patton, Paul Ramsey, Cameron Shorter and Bruce Bannerman should attend the meeting. (tentative date Wednesday 3 September at 9.00am)
  • TH will go through the budget in detail during this meeting.
  • After the budget meeting TH to update the budget and circulate the budget via the foss4g2009- private list for further comment.

Use of the Wiki and IRC

Discussions

  • All agendas, to do lists and action notes to be posted on wiki not sent around in e-mails.
  • There is a FOSS4G IRC channel that can be used for meeting reminders
  • Agendas to be placed on wiki at least 4 days prior to the meeting date.

Actions

Project Plan and Program Timeline

Discussions

Actions

  • TH to add a link to wiki with the Project Plan and Program Timeline.

Next Meeting

FOSS4G_2009_Meeting_2008-09-10_Program_And_Venue

Discussions

Actions

  • TH to send around suggested dates for all meetings in 2008.