Francophone Chapter Report 2008
Francophone local chapter
- Contact name: Yves Jacolin
- Géoévénement tradeshow 2008 : april 2008 (open source village, booth, conferences)
- new board elected : june 2008
- Legal association : august 2008
- OSGeo Journal translation
- IGN (France) - OSGeo-fr meeting : november 2008
- Nomination of one Quebec local chapter representative as a member (in charge of the free software committee) of the OSGeo-fr board. It contributes to streghten relationships and collaboration with the Quebec local chapter.
Areas for Improvement
- encourage people to contribute more to translation projects
- create a marketing package and help people in organizing booth on events
- attract additional contributors and project managers
- improve communication in the francophone geospatial community
Opportunities to Help
- help in translating QGIS documentation and OSGeo Journal: need for translators and proof readers
- help in organizing OSGeo-fr booth on different events: OGRS 2009, Rencontre Sig la Lettre, Paris Capital du Libre, etc.
- help in marketing duties: flyer, booth, OSGeo-fr website
Outlook for 2009
- continue and achieve the set up of the legal association
- work on new projets: doc translation, datas, etc.