FunCom Meeting 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proposed date: Tuesday Aug 29nd. 2006
Proposed time: 1600 UTC (noon EST, 9:00am PST)
Proposed location: IRC channel #osgeo
- Approve minutes for Second Meeting.
- Discuss Project Sponsorship proposal, and possibly approve.
- Discuss Foundation Sponsorship proposal, and possibly approve.
- Approved Second Meeting minutes.
- Reviewed Project Sponsorship proposal. Reaction supportive. Suggestions included:
- Making "Past Sponsors" optional.
- Dropping "Past Sponsors" off the list after two years.
- Give a name for sponsors less than Silver (perhaps Associate or Friend of project).
- Possibly just use paypal donations for small contributions.
- Clarify that much of the fundraising bookkeeping could be done by the ED or a bookkeeper rather than the Treasurer directly.
- Need to clarify the value add of OSGeo to project sponsorship. Financial transparency, etc
- Should we reduce or remove OSGeo overhead on "earmarked sponsorships"? Decided not to for now.
- Possibly realign level names, and cutoffs with the foundation sponsorships.
- Apply OSGeo overhead portion of sponsorships towards OSGeo foundation sponsorships.
- We need to run this past the projects for review before approving.
- Reviewed Foundation Sponsorship. Suggestions included:
- Earmarking ... decided it was better to handle this as project sponsorships.
- Make sure some sort of sponsor visibility on the OSGeo main page (perhaps a rotating logo/link?)
- The committee passed a motion approving the Foundation Sponsorship proposal, and forwarding to the board of directors for approval, with the intent to implement post-haste.
- Agreed to meeting against next week to roll out foundation sponsorship, and possibly approve project sponsorship.
- Meeting closed.
- Motion to adopt Project Sponsorship proposal passed by email vote (closing 25th October, 2006).