GvSIG GSoC 2019 Ideas
Use this page to jot down and develop any good idea for the 2019 program with gvSIG project. Please, use the gvSIG mailing lists for discussion and check 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 ideas pages for examples or reference.
Create new rules for the Topology Framework in gvSIG Desktop
- Product: gvSIG Desktop
- Mentors: Óscar Martínez, Mario Carrera
- Description: A new topology toolbox has been created in gvISG Desktop. This tool will provide a group of integrity rules that will check the validation of the geometries relationship in the data. A new topology data model can be created for each project. This toolbox provide a new set of tools to navigate, find and fix validation errors different from each topology rule. Right now, there are just a few topology rules implemented with a limited accions. This project will analize, implement and optimize a new set of rules that will be incorporated to this framework. This tools can be created in Java or in Jython through the Scripting composer tool.
- Expected results: A new set of topology rules with its accions to fix the layers
- Skills: Python, Jython, Java
- Skill Level: Medium
- Test to validate skills: Having two layer in a View, one point layer and one polygon layer. Create a script in Jython that will find if a point is inside a polygon and show a list of them. Create a new layer just with the points that are inside a polygon, and if a polygon doesn't have any point, create one in its centroid.