Live GIS Disc Press Release 76
What applications and versions should be included on OSGeo-Live 11.0?
9 May 2017
We are asking all OSGeo-Live projects to let us know:
- What versions of projects should be on OSGeo-Live?
- Are there any new projects which should be on OSGeo-Live?
- Are there any projects which should be dropped from OSGeo-Live?
As per last announcement , with our next OSGeo-LIve release we intend to focus on quality, and as such will be asking each project:
- To help install the latest stable version of the software.
- To verify Project Overview and Quickstarts are both up to date and in line with our documentation standards.
You can see results of our first pass review in our status spreadsheet , column T "11.0 comment", and column U "10.0 Doc Review".
- 15-May-2017 Decide versions of applications to be installed on OSGeo-Live
- 22-May-2017 Draft installers for new applications complete
- 5-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live Feature Freeze (final application versions installed)
- 19-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live delivered to UAT (final application versions installed - Beta stage)
- 24-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live Final ISO
- 14-Aug-2017 FOSS4G 2017 Boston
OSGeo-Live (http://live.osgeo.org) is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.