OSGeo Budget 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This budget is approved by the OSGeo board of directors and should not be altered without their consent.
|Accounting||Professional accounting, and tax filing support (very rough)||$8000|
|Bank Charges||wire fees, service charges, etc||$1500|
|Insurance||Directors and Officers Insurance (estimated)||$4000|
|Marketing||Activities as budgeted by Marketing Committee||$50,000|
|Salary & Benefits||Full time senior staffer ($106270CAD * 0.90)
(includes payroll service cost)
|Travel||Travel and Entertainment||$20,000|
|Office||Office, supplies, postage||$5,000|
|Hosting||with performance guarantees||$14,014|
|DNS||PairNIC - various DNS registrations (including project domains)||$250|
|Server||Purchase additional server, possible colocated at Telascience||$2,500|
|GDAL Sub-Contracts||From Project Sponsorships||$22,500|
|Sustaining Sponsorships (50K)||2||$100,000|
|Principal Sponsorships (20K)|
|Supporting Sponsorships (10K)||3||$30,000|
|Associate Sponsorships (3K)||14||$42,000|
|FOSS4G 2009 Conference||$12,000|
- All amounts are in US dollars.
- FOSS4G revenues and expenses are netted out to anticipated profit.
- The budget presumes gaining one new sustaining sponsor (50K), one new sustaining sponsor (10K) and four new associate sponsor (12K).
- The dependence of the above budget on $72K in new sponsorship in 2009 means we could easily drop into a serious deficit situation if these objectives are not met. The Finance committee feels that the Marketing portion be restricted such that only half may be spent in the first half of the year, and that a budget review be held at the half year point to consider adjustments.
- It is anticipated that the foundation will carry reserves on the order of $150K over from 2008.