PDX OSGEO 20140115 Meeting
Link back to PDX-OSGeo
Time and Location
- January 15th, 6-8pm
- Renewable Funding
- 400 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 902
- Portland, OR 97204 USA
- If you arrive after 6pm, please buzz the security guard, who will open the doors and let you up to the 9th floor.
- The office is through the double doors immediately to the left after exiting the elevators.
- Nick will talk about (PDX) neighborhood mapping and voice project, http://pnwmaps.com/neighborhoods/ And a blog post on the update that made this version: http://extentpnw.com/ And a link to the code on GitHub: https://github.com/enam/neighborhoods
- Justin will show the latest stuff in development at Mapbox around vector tiles, OSM styling, and on-device rendering.
- FOSS4G 2014 Update
Attending: Katie, Ed, Kelly, Darrell, Tanya, Ryan, Mele, Marin, Nick, Rafa, Justin, and (eventually) Grant.
Rafa reminded everyone of MapTimePDX details at http://calagator.org/events/1250465361
FOSS4G is looking for volunteers, as always. There's lots to do.
Mele suggests everyone submit to State of the Map US, in April. At least four of us will be attending.
Nick talked about his Neighborhood mapping site (http://pnwmaps.com/neighborhoods). Check it out, it's cool.
Nick also showed the Transportation Monsters Map: http://nickmartinelli.com/pdxmet/
And mentioned the "I Want Hue" online color tool: http://tools.medialab.sciences-po.fr/iwanthue/
Justin did a quick intro to TileMill 2 and vector tiles.
FOSS4G 2014 in PDX
Please join the organizing mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/foss4g2014