Board Meeting 2007 09 07
(Redirected from Twenty Eighth Board Meeting)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Communication will use the new Conference Call facilities.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve Twenty Seventh Board Meeting minutes
- Select President, Secretary and Treasurer positions (Frank's related mail).
- Confirm gvSIG Incubation.
- Discuss board/executive operation.
- Discuss Board Meeting FOSS4G2007.
- Discuss FOSS4G 2008 governance, etc.
- Discuss AGM 2007 financial reporting, and other AGM activities.
- Motion to accept the Italian local chapter (http://GFOSS.it association)
- Meeting started 15:00UTC
- Appointed meeting secretary: Tyler
- Attendees: Frank, Bob, Jo, Arnulf, Jeroen, Tyler, Paul, Markus, Dave
- Approve last meeting minutes: Arnulf motioned, Jo seconded, all in favour, motion passed.
- Select President, Secretary, Treasurer at per this email
- Bob moves to keep Frank as president, Dave seconded, all in favour, motion passed
- Tyler offers to continue as Secretary, Jo motioned, Dave seconded, all in favour, motion passed
- Long discussion about treasurer role, as Gary is no longer on Board and some interest has been shown by Ken Tamura at Autodesk to help in some capacity. Ken will join next meeting to help discuss the topic.
- Confirm gvSIG Incubation Status
- Frank is bringing the recommendation from incubation committee to have gvSIG to join incubation, it will be the 10th project in incubation, a few others may graduate out over next few months
- GeoNetwork will work on getting out of incubation by end of Oct after 3rd GeoNetwork meeting
- Jeroen moved to accept gvSIG, Arnulf seconded, all in favour, carried
- Discuss board/executive operation
- Discussed generally how the board, etc. operates, Frank giving an overview of how board, lists, ed, email addresses, etc.
- Discussed fund spending processes.
- Tyler gave overview of current funds and how they relate to the budget, more finance discussion to be had at board meeting at foss4g
- Discussed agenda for board meeting at FOSS4G
- Discussed FOSS4G 2008 governance, etc.
- Frank discussing ideas / approach to how to have OSGeo work with South Africa group for FOSS4G 2008
- Question of how to give local autonomy for smooth deliver, yet tie clearly back to OSGeo
- Paul explained that it was ideal to have a board member on their local committee and someone from a previous event on behalf of the conference committee
- Frank presented the idea to accept the South Africa bid as officially approved, Paul moved, Arnulf seconded, all in favour, carried
- There will still be more formal budget discussion before carrying forward
- Discuss AGM
- Tyler to promote the AGM http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/AGM_2007 a bit more publicly
- Italian Chapter
- Markus brings forward idea to accept the Italian OSGeo Chapter, Markus makes motion to accept the italian local chapter, second by Jo, all in favour, motion carried, Markus to inform Italian group.
- Tyler posted his todo list, etc. onto wiki user page http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/User:Tmitchell
- Paul moved to close meeting, arnulf second, all in favour, motion carried
- Meet adjorned at 15:59
- Next meeting: Sunday, September 23rd, 2007 in Victoria, face to face meeting, with IRC and telephone