Difference between revisions of "Board Meeting 2021-11-29"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(5 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
# Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012932.html]
 
# Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012932.html]
 
# OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update
 
# OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update
 +
# OSGeo Code Sprint 2022
 +
# Review Action items
 
# Add your topic here
 
# Add your topic here
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
* Presiding:
+
* Presiding: Till
* Scribing:
+
* Scribing: Till, Angelos
* Attending:
+
* Attending: Angelos, Codrina, Vicky, Tom, Helena, Michele, Till, Astrid
* Guests:
+
* Guests:  
  
 
===Review and approve past minutes===
 
===Review and approve past minutes===
  
 
* [[Board_Meeting_2021-10-25]]
 
* [[Board_Meeting_2021-10-25]]
* Motion on loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/3RgDXWNx/motion-to-approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2021-10-25
+
* Motion passed on loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/3RgDXWNx/motion-to-approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2021-10-25
  
 
===Accept new charter members for 2021===
 
===Accept new charter members for 2021===
Line 30: Line 32:
 
* CRO email [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012945.html]
 
* CRO email [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012945.html]
 
* Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/PDvTgkVN/motion-to-approve-new-charter-members-for-2021-based-on-the-recommendation-of-cro
 
* Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/PDvTgkVN/motion-to-approve-new-charter-members-for-2021-based-on-the-recommendation-of-cro
 +
* ACTION: Astrid will inform via email (similar to last year)
 +
* Inform people better, what actually charter membership means, in order to encourage more people
 +
* ACTION: Vicky to review the membership page on the website
  
 
===Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi===
 
===Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi===
  
* email from incubation committee [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012932.html]
+
* Email from incubation committee [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2021-November/012932.html]
 +
* Board to approve vote
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to prepare vote on loomio and inform the board (Done)
 +
* Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/rCovNYaw/motion-to-accept-pygeoapi-for-incubation
  
 
===OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update===
 
===OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update===
 
 
* Overview: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MoU_OGC/Review_2020
 
* Overview: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MoU_OGC/Review_2020
 
* Issue tracking: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/80
 
* Issue tracking: https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/80
 
* Draft Exhibit A: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MoU_OGC/Review_2020/Draft
 
* Draft Exhibit A: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MoU_OGC/Review_2020/Draft
 +
* Tom reports on the actual state (as can be seen in the WIKI, link above)
 +
* ACTION: Angelos to prepare Loomio Vote for board to approve (Done)
 +
* Discussion that we need a Committee / Standard-Committee
 +
** Ask project members that depend on OGC
 +
** Tom suggests to ask at standards-list for a new committee and attract people to join (after Loomio vote passes)
 +
** ACTION: Tom/Angelos to prepare a press release along with OGC
 +
** Review Committee guidelines for this!
 +
* Motion to approve on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/7U9AXuLf/motion-to-approve-osgeo-ogc-memorandum-of-understanding-update
 +
 +
===OSGeo Code Sprint 2022===
 +
* Discussion what happens with next code sprint?
 +
* Common Code Sprint OGC/Apache and re-use room from OSGeo-Code Sprint
 +
** ACTION: Tom to check Joanna on OGC Code Sprint planning
 +
* Angelos happy to pass to other volunteers for F2F Code Sprint (Covid restrictions are not permitting F2F Code Sprint in Athens early 2022)
  
 
=== Actions ===
 
=== Actions ===
 
* See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
 
* See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
 +
** Angelos points to the fact, that we as Board are responsible for some pages, probably we need a work session to update them
 +
** ACTION: All to review older tickets (e.g. number below #100) and update/close them
  
 
== IRC Log ==
 
== IRC Log ==

Latest revision as of 07:57, 27 December 2021

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 29 November 2021 at 16:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
  2. appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  3. Review and approve past minutes
  4. Accept new charter members for 2021 [1]
  5. Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi [2]
  6. OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update
  7. OSGeo Code Sprint 2022
  8. Review Action items
  9. Add your topic here

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Till, Angelos
  • Attending: Angelos, Codrina, Vicky, Tom, Helena, Michele, Till, Astrid
  • Guests:

Review and approve past minutes

Accept new charter members for 2021

Incubation application accepted for pygeoapi

OSGeo / OGC Memorandum of Understanding update

OSGeo Code Sprint 2022

  • Discussion what happens with next code sprint?
  • Common Code Sprint OGC/Apache and re-use room from OSGeo-Code Sprint
    • ACTION: Tom to check Joanna on OGC Code Sprint planning
  • Angelos happy to pass to other volunteers for F2F Code Sprint (Covid restrictions are not permitting F2F Code Sprint in Athens early 2022)

Actions

  • See https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues
    • Angelos points to the fact, that we as Board are responsible for some pages, probably we need a work session to update them
    • ACTION: All to review older tickets (e.g. number below #100) and update/close them

IRC Log

  • no log, a jitsi meeting

Next meeting