Difference between revisions of "Bolsena Code Sprint 2020"
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
Revision as of 15:52, 26 June 2020
OSGeo Hacking event in virtual monastery in the spirit of Bolsena (29 June - 4 July 2020)
|COVID-19 important notice|
|Due to current Covid crisis, traveling to the Italian monastery (see map location) is a challenge. That's why we're hosting the event as an online meeting.|
- Event Owner
- Jeroen Ticheler
- 29 June - 4 July 2020
- Other events
- timezone planner
- Previous years
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
After thirteen successful years, we'll continue the OSGeo "hacking" event, but this will be a special edition of the event. Due to current Covid crisis, traveling to the Italian monastery (see map location) is a challenge. That's why we're hosting the event as an online meeting.
The event will take place during the whole week (5 days), although the emphasis will probably be Monday to Friday for most participants. Please contact me if you have questions about this event (Jeroen Ticheler)
Sponsoring Find out about Sponsoring the Event.
- Bolsena Codesprint 2020 Online Event - OSGeo Event page
- Agenda for the Bolsena Code Sprint 2020 - GeoNetwork Wiki
- Bolsena Code Sprint 2020 - GeoServer Wiki
- presentations ...
- blog posts ...
- photos ...
- 7:30 UTC GeoNetwork Kickoff
- 10:00 UTC GeoNetwork OGC API Records with Angular
- 14:00 UTC GeoNetwork Maven build
- GeoNetwork review user meeting feedback
- 14:00 UTC GeoNetwork Java 11 compatibility
- 7:30 UTC GeoNetwork roadmap and resources discussion
- GeoServer Kickoff Europe
- 14:00 UTC GeoServer social
- 14:00 UTC Sprint results and social
- hangout: https://meet.jit.si/GeoNetworkDeveloperSprint
- discussion: https://gitter.im/geonetwork/core-geonetwork
- Review priorities from user meeting
- Date handling improvements
- Status API improvements
- Roadmap and Financial planning
- Build using maven artifacts
- Evaluate Java 11 compatibility
- OSGeo Live 14.0 update
- GeoNetwork Version 4
- hangout: https://meet.jit.si/GeoServerDeveloperSprint
- discussion: https://gitter.im/geoserver/geoserver
Topics: June 2nd and 3rd
- bug-fix sprint
- Update maintainers list
- Update JTS 1.17.0
- Small user interface refresh
- Andrea, Jody, David, Ian, Michel, ...
JTS Topology Suite
Topics: 29 June - 2 July
- Tuesday: Prep JTS 1.17.0 release
- Wednesday: JTS 1.17.0 release (when review is cleared)
- Restore history activity (which is great news)
- Update from EPL 1.0 to EPL 2.0 (hopefully a search and replace)
- Martin, David, Jody, James
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) encourages code sprints for developers of open source GIS software to work together in person as a team, and build up relationships between projects (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints).
A project focused code sprint for is booked for 29 June - 4 July 2020 happening online.
We expect 15-25 international participants from across the geospatial community, including OSGeo projects. This sprint is a chance for project teams to work on RnD, maintenance challenges, and any activity which benefits from the quick turn around of in person communication. This is your chance to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a deeper insight into the software, and participate in the development.
While we do not have the usual costs of technical infrastructure and space, we do hope to provide some food and drink (takeout) for the developers to attend a social video chat and cater any meetings that are setup. Any funds raised beyond event costs are maintained by OSGeo to help our open source community.
In order to cover these costs we would be overjoyed to accept offers of sponsorship!
What we can offer:
- Your logo on top of the community sprint website as well as on all official documents used during the sprint
- Acknowledgement in all sprint related emails
- Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it (remember that feature you wanted?)
- Sponsor: 1000 EUR
- Sponsor: 500 EUR
- Donation: via paypal
We would also like to recognize organizations participating in the event as *in-kind* sponsors.
OSGeo Funding Request
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation provides financial support through their generous code-sprint program. To support our application for OSGeo Funding the following sprint details are provided:
- Attendance Fee: 550 EUR (seek to lower to 250 EUR)
- Sponsorship: 2000 EUR
- OSGeo request: 2000 EUR
- In-kind donations primarily focus on meal preparation (kitchen cleanup is shared between attendees)
Expenses: 9000 EUR
- Venue: 5000 EUR
- Food: 3000 EUR
- Tour: 1000 EUR
Income: 11250 EUR
- Attendee: 550 EUR * 15 = 8250 EUR
- Sponsorship: 4000 EUR
Sponsorship, and OSGeo financial support, would all us to reduce the attendance price, and make a donation to improve the facilities for subsequent years (example dishwasher).