The 2014 OSGeo the Charter Members election will take place in July/August 2014, followed by the Board nominations and elections in August so that new board members have a chance to meet face-to-face at FOSS4G in Portland, USA in September.
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of 2013.
- Full details of the Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2013 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Revised selection process
In previous years the Charter Member selection process had been a little contentious. We typically received numerous nominations from high caliber members of our community, and insufficient positions to accept them all. This typically resulted in unnecessary disappointment and dissent.
A key change is that there is no arbitrary limit for the number of new OSGeo charter members.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2014-07-19 to 2014-08-01 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- As per nominations process, the CRO will contact the nominated person and confirm they are willing to participate and then forward the nomination to the Discuss mailing list for further discussion (see next point).
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2014.
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, charter member nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (firstname.lastname@example.org). The nominee may optionally reference their OSGeo Advocate profile and create a profile if it doesn't exist.
Vote for new Charter Members: 2014-08-02 to 2014-08-08 (1 week)
Over one week, and using the new Electronic Voting system, a total of 130 charter members have completed the vote for the 64 candidates. Some notes:
- All charter members accessed the system, but 50 of them didn't finish the vote
- Session expiration time was too short and some members reported loosing their votes, this need to be addressed for future charter members elections.
- Following our new Membership Process, all candidates passed the criteria to be accepted as new OSGeo Charter Members.
- The new charter members for 2014 are (in alphabetical order)
- Alejandro Díaz (Spain)
- Alexander Bruy (Ukraine)
- Alexandre Neto (Portugal)
- Andrea Antonello (Italy)
- Andreea Marin (Romania)
- Anna Petrasova (Czech Republic)
- Ariel Nuñez (Colombia)
- BJ Jang (South Korea)
- Bruce Bannerman (Australia)
- Carolina Arias (Italy)
- Chaitanya Kumar (India)
- Chris Helm (United States)
- Christian Mayer (Germany)
- Christos Iosifidis (Greece)
- Dan Little (United States)
- Darrell Fuhirman (United States)
- David Fawcett (United States)
- David Percy (United States)
- Florin Iosub (Romania)
- Hugo Santos (Portugal)
- Ionuț Iosifescu (Switzerland)
- Ivan Minčik (Slovakia)
- Iván Sánchez Ortega (Norway)
- Jeffrey Johnson (United States)
- Jeremy Morley (UK)
- Jim Klassen (United States)
- Johan Van de Wauw (Belgium)
- Jorge Arévalo (Spain)
- Jose Santos (Portugal)
- José García (Spain)
- Jukka Rahkonen (Finnland)
- Kate Chapman (United States)
- Kristin Bott (United States)
- Luciene Delzari (Brazil)
- Marie Silvestre (France)
- Miguel Ángel Blanco (Argentina)
- Milan Antonovic (Switzerland)
- Mohammed Rashad (India)
- Moisés Arcos (Spain)
- Nadiia Gorash (Ukraine)
- Nikos Alexandris (Greece)
- Nimalika Fernando (Sri Lanka)
- Oliver Tonhofer (Germany)
- Olivier Courtin (France)
- Patricio Soriano (Spain)
- Paul Meems (Netherlands)
- Pieter De Graef (Belgium)
- Pirmin_Kalberer (Switzerland)
- Régis Haubourg (France)
- Santosh Gaikwad (India)
- Silvia Franceschi (Italy)
- Simon Mercier (Canada)
- Simone Dalmasso (Italy)
- Sittichai Choosumrong (Thailand)
- Stephan Meißl (Austria)
- Steven Feldman (UK)
- Takayuki Nuimura (Japan)
- Tanya Haddad (United States)
- Thijs van Menen (Netherlands)
- Thomas Gratier (France)
- Toshikazu Seto (Japan)
- Vivien Deparday (France)
- Václav Petras (Czech Republic)
- Zoltan Siki (Hungary)
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 5 seats up for election this year.
- Anne Ghisla, Jeff McKenna, Daniel Morissette, Cameron Shorter, and Frank Warmerdam have reached the end of their 2-year term, Board members wishing to stand in the 2014 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Anne Ghisla is standing for re-election.
- Jeff McKenna is standing for re-election.
- Daniel Morissette is not standing for re-election.
- Cameron Shorter is not standing for re-election.
- Frank Warmerdam is not standing for re-election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are
Nominate new Board Members - 2014-08-09 - 2014-08-23 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by 12:00 GMT on Saturday 23 August 2014
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2014
Vote for new Board Members - 2014-08-23 - 2014-08-29
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2014 list.
- Through the Electronic Voting system, every Charter Member will receive a personal link to access the election.
- You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people.
- Voting closes by 12:00 GMT on Saturday 30 August 2014
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2014 Results on 2014-08-30.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.