- 1 About the Italian OSGeo Chapter and GFOSS.it
- 2 Italian chapter mission
- 3 Italian community contributions and resources
- 4 Events
- 5 Meetings
- 6 Italian OSGeo Chapter Officers
- 7 Charter member
About the Italian OSGeo Chapter and GFOSS.it
The Italian OSGeo Local Chapter was formally accepted by the OSGeo Board of Directors at the September 7, 2007 meeting.
The Italian OSGeo Local Chapter is based on the existing association "Associazione Italiana per l'Informazione Geografica Libera (Gfoss.it)".
GFOSS.it was founded by the Italian GFOSS community during the 8th GRASS e GFOSS (Palermo, February 14-16, 2007) annual meeting. The Italian community includes many professional, university and government members with long national and international experience in the field of the Geomatics and Free and Open Source Software.
The objectives of the GFOSS.it are:
- Promote the development, the diffusion and the protection of Free and Open Source Software for geo-informatics.
- Promote Open Standards for geo-informatics and the free access to geographic data.
- Promote contact among developers and users within the community and between the community and external bodies.
- Foster and coordinate the translation, localization and internationalization of software and documentation for geo-informatics.
- Promote relationships with other national and international associations, and with government agencies and private companies.
Italian chapter mission
Italian Local Chapter mission is to respect OSGeo Guidelines on local chapters and continue supporting all Italian Community contributions to FOSS GIS community. Main goal is that of the OSGeo foundation: to encourage the use and collaborative development of community-led projects.
Italian community contributions and resources
This part shows the Italian community contributions on the web:
- GFOSS site - the site of the first italian Geospatial Free and Open Source Software community.
- GFOSS wiki - the wiki page of GFOSS.it, contains many howto in italian and other resources.
- GFOSS mailing list - the first meeting point of the community.
- Il canale IRC: #gfoss su irc.freenode.net irc://irc.freenode.net/#gfoss
- Italian GRASS users site
- Italian GRASS users mailing list
- Italian and greek VMAP0 elaboration - contribution by Niccolò Rigacci
- Fedora and Debian GRASS Packages - contribution by Andrea Scianna
- Italian Open Street project - contribution by Niccolò Rigacci
- a Debian Free GIS repository - contribution by Niccolò Rigacci
- Gentoo Gis Overlay - Emiliano Valvassori e Luca Casagrande
- Qgis 0.7 User Manual - The italian translation. Complete (newer version available on the QGIS web site).
- GRASS 6.2 Reference Manual - The italian translation. Still a lot to be done.
- GFOSS presentations - A repository of links to presentations on Gis FOSS.
- Many useful university courses slides - From Geomatica, Politecnico di Milano.
- Geomatic Workbooks - From Geomatica, Politecnico di Milano (free registration).
- GRASS GIS main site - from L'Istituto Trentino di Cultura - IRST.
- GIS software at the University of Trento under GNU license - Available GIS software at the University of Trento under GNU license.
- Online GIS documents at the University of Trento - GFOSS Tutorials and other documents at the University of Trento.
- (2000) 1. Italian GRASS Meeting at Como, Italy
- (2001) 2. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Trento, Italy, February 1-2 2001
- (2002) 3. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Trieste, Italy
- (2002) Open Source Free Software GIS - GRASS users conference, Trento, Italy, 11-13 Sept. 2002
- (2003) 4. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Firenze, Italy, 13-14 Feb 2003
- (2004) 5. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Padova, Italy
- (2005) 6. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Rome, Italy
- (2006) 7. Italian GRASS Meeting at University of Genova, Italy
- (2007) 8th GRASS and GFOSS annual Meeting - February 14-15-16 2007, Palermo University.
- (2008) 9th GRASS-GFOSS user meeting, Perugia, Faculy of Engineering
- (2008) 1st GFOSS day , Pontedera
Cagliari - 25-26-27 February 2009
Regular meetings of the GFOSS.it association Steering Board are held by IRC channel.
The minutes of the meetings can be found at: https://www.gfoss.it/drupal/taxonomy/term/1 (access to this page is reserved to GFOSS.it members)
The annual meeting of the GFOSS.it is held within the Annual GRASS GFOSS Italian user conference.
Italian OSGeo Chapter Officers
Italian OSGeo Representative
GFOSS.it Steering Board (Consiglio direttivo)
Address: Como c/o il Politecnico di Milano - Sede di Como
E-mail: info at gfoss dot it
Members of current Board of Counsellors: https://www.gfoss.it/drupal/node/40
Italian OSGeo Chapter Coordinators
A delegate of the GFOSS.it association is elected by the Board for each mandate.
The current "liason officer" role is: covered by Paolo Cavallini, Andrea Giacomelli, Stefano Costa, Luca Casagrande.
In general: the liaison officer/s can be reached through the address: osgeo_liaison_officer (at) gfoss.it
Currently GFOSS.it counts 77 associated members.----Maxi71 07:55, 11 February 2008 (EST)