HyperCube is a debian etch machine, hosted at TelaScience, which is to be used for the Geodata repository and related tasks.
Currently, there is a second machine serving geodata related tasks: geodata.telascience.org, aka xblade11-2. Hopefully, we will be able to migrate from geodata to hypercube.
Any changes made to the machine -- software installed, changes to config files, etc. -- should be recorded here so that the machine is in a state which can be reproduced if it fails.
Data on HyperCube's local disk is not, at the moment, backed up or running under RAID. If your data is important, please keep a backup or keep it in SVN somewhere.
/mnt/geodata is a 1.8T partition for geodata storage. /mnt/agami is a 2.6T partition for geodata storage
- sudo apt-get install libwww-perl Crschmidt 21:48, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- sudo apt-get install libgdal-doc libgdal1-1.3.2 libgdal1-1.3.2-grass python-gdal gdal-bin , markusN MODIS processing Crschmidt 21:07, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Created 'osgeo' group, added crschmidt, sderle, johng Crschmidt 21:03, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Created sderle user for Schuyler Erle Crschmidt 21:03, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Edited /etc/motd to reference this wiki page Crschmidt 21:00, 7 April 2007 (CEST)
- Disabled apparently unnecessary services openbsd-inetd, cupsys, netatalk, winbind for security purposes SchuylerErle 21:14 CEST
- Replaced exim4 with postfix SchuylerErle 21:14 CEST
- Installed Debian build tools (build-essential, devscripts, etc.) SchuylerErle 21:57 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed GDAL 1.4.0 using D-GIS packaging files. Had to change libcurl4 dependency to libcurl3. Source packages can be found in /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 21:57 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed GRASS 6.2.1 (and gdal-grass 1.4.0) using D-GIS packaging files. Source packages can be found in /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 22:27 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed Mapnik 0.4.0 from Debian Sid sources. Source packages can be found in /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 22:27 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed MapServer 4.10.1 using D-GIS packaging files. Source packages can be found in /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 22:58 CEST
- Rebuilt and installed libgeotiff 1.2.3 using D-GIS sources. See /usr/local/src. SchuylerErle 03:56, 8 Apr 2007 CEST
- apt-get install openmpi-* per request of HJG & NHV SchuylerErle 03:56, 8 Apr 2007 CEST
- Built and installed Debian package of TileCache from project SVN trunk revision 52. SchuylerErle 04:19, 8 Apr 2007 CEST
- Built and installed OSSIM from project SVN trunk NormanVine Sat Apr 7 18:42:24 PDT 2007
- Installed to /usr/local
- Installed ossim_preferences in /usr/local/etc HyperJohnGraham Sat Apr 7 18:58:24 PDT 2007
- Installed egm96.grd in /mnt/agami/elevation/geoids/geoid1996 HyperJohnGraham Sat Apr 7 19:02:00 PDT 2007
- Add /tiles URL setup: points to TileCache. This will be true for all subdomains. To add tilecache layers, edit /etc/tilecache.cfg and restart Apache.
- TileCache caches to /mnt/agami/tilecache/
- Installed CGIAR SRTM V3 in /mnt/agami/elevation/cgiar_srtm_v3 HyperJohnGraham
- After installing phppgadmin via apt: Crschmidt 01:40, 9 April 2007 (CEST)
- Copy /etc/apache/conf.d/phppgadmin to /etc/apache2/sites-available/phppgadmin
- ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/phppgadmin /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/phppgadmin
- apt-get install php5-pg
- restart apache
- Installed bind9 in default local caching configuration. Changed /etc/resolv.conf to point to localhost. SchuylerErle 00:18 GMT 1 May 2007
- Added user account 'brandon' for Brandon Martin-Anderson, who I hope will be helping get TIGER into OSM. SchuylerErle Wed Jun 13 07:22:43 EDT 2007