GeoSpatial Programs Manager, LISAsoft
Location: Sydney, Australia
Cameron has a breadth of practical experience in the numerous facets of Geospatial Open Source development. He has applied his experience building and marketing bicycle activities to building and marketing Open Source projects and conferences; he has applied his experience developing software and management processes for large military software systems to building quality assurance checklists for communities like the OSGeo Incubation Committee; and he has applied his experience supporting development of OGC spatial standards to building inter-operable software systems.
- OSGeo Experience
- Coordinates development of OSGeo-Live, which packages 50+ of the best geospatial open source projects.
- Primary reviewer/editor for Project Overviews on OSGeo-Live and author of the OSGeo-Live lightening presentation.
- Chaired the international FOSS4G conference in 2009.
- Active contributor to OSGeo Marketing Committee (chair), Incubation Committee, Conference Committee.
- Previously contributed code to, and served on Project Steering Committees for GeoTools, OpenLayers and Mapbuilder.
- Presented at numerous conferences on topics of Geospatial, Open Source, and Open Standards.
- Writes a blog on Open Source Geospatial Software.
- Email: cameron shorter AT lisasoft DOT com
- Phone (work): +61 2 8570 5050
- Profile last updated
- 17 June 2012