The OSGeo Marketing committee are volunteers who promote OSGeo and related activities.
The committee is responsible for administering a limited budget provided by the OSGeo Foundation for supporting the OSGeo Foundation.
In line with OSGeo Board Priorities, the Marketing Committee aims to limited matching sponsorship for a few targeted areas. These include:
- OSGeo Exhibition Pack
- 100% funding covered for the non-consumable items in one Exhibition Pack per OSGeo Local Organising Committee, as outlined in: Exhibition Pack
The following content is from historical versions of this wiki page, which hasn't been moved to the current page.
All are welcome to work with and contribute to this committee. There are several ways to get involved and various tools that we use to manage our work.
- Join our mailing list and introduce yourself. Subscribe here. Read the public list archives here.
- Files and documents are stored in an SVN repository located here: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Static web pages are managed in our Drupal website tools at: http://www.osgeo.org All content development typically takes place in the Wiki and is copied to the static web site once stable.
All pages in this Wiki related to Marketing should be tagged with Category:Marketing.
To promote the Foundation mission, its Projects and Local Chapters. To develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for the near and medium future.
- Digital asset rebranding and website reboot - Expression of Interest and Request for Proposals process to revamp the OSGeo visual and online presence.
- Web site design, site/content/layout improvements, site assets
- Exhibition Pack  - nearing completion, Demonstration DVD ongoing
- Marketing Material development see Marketing Material Samples
Marketing Pipeline lists the various channels where OSGeo and OSGeo projects are promoted.
The Marketing Committee helps to coordinate the Foundation's presence at tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
This needs to be fleshed out and upated --Arnulf Christl 12:49, 17 April 2012 (PDT)
- Public facing documents can be found at: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Documents under development, or historical documents can be found in Subversion under: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Brochures: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Flyers: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Presentation Templates: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Library - repository for white papers, presentations etc.
- Case_Studies contains a list of relevant Geospatial Open Source case studies useful for justifying the use of GeoFOSS.
- GeoConnexion Column
- OSGeo Marketing Discussions
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is to send a nomination (self nomination is fine) with an introduction of the candidate. The committee will then make a motion at the next meeting.
- Peter Batty
- Nicolas Bozon
- Astrid Emde
- Jody Garnett
- Harrison Grundy
- Jeff Johnson
- Malena Libman
- Alex Mandel
- Peter Mooney
- Cameron Shorter
- Adam Steer
- Guido Stein
- Marc Vloemans
Please help list past members here for reference and Kudos
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Torsten Brassat
- Nathalie Mainland
- Tyler Mitchell (chair)
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Daniele Nascimento
- Brian M Hamlin
- Jo Cook
- User:Arnulf Christl
Old Press Releases
- 21 June 2012, Marketing Committee Press Release 1 - Calling for "OSGeo Advocate" profiles
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee was formerly known as the Promotion and Visibility Committee.