Board Meeting 2007 03 02

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting has been tentatively scheduled for the 2nd of March at 16:00 UTC (fixedtime), by phone and IRC (#osgeo) at the same time.

Communication will use the new Conference Call facilities.

Agenda

  • Appoint meeting secretary
  • Review and approve Twenty Fourth Board Meeting minutes
  • Consider motion to form New Mexico USA local chapter of OSGeo.
  • Approve motion for MapGuide OS to graduate from Incubation with Bob Bray as PSC Chair / VP MapGuide OS at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
  • Approve motion for QGIS to enter incubation at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
  • Approve motion for FDO to enter incubation at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
  • Discuss OSGeo providing infrastructure hosting for selected pre-incubation projects (ie. MOSS4G).
  • Consider VisCom Budget 2007
  • Discuss OSGeo participation in the Google Summer of Code, and appointment of Administrator.
  • Discuss plans for Proposed Board Election Procedure.
  • Discuss plans for charter Membership Process.
  • Discuss plans for corporate bylaws.

Minutes

Present: Mark Lucas, Frank Warmerdam, Markus Neteler, Gary Lang, Arnulf Christl, Tyler Mitchell Absent with regrets: Chris Holmes, Jo Walsh, Venka Raghavan, Dave McIlhagga

  • Chair: Gary
  • Secretary: Tyler

  • Review and approve Twenty Fourth Board Meeting minutes
    • Reviewed and discussed minutes
    • Gary motions to approve, Frank second, all in favour, moved

  • Consider motion to form New Mexico USA local chapter of OSGeo.
    • Discussing move forward
    • Gary motions, Arnulf second, all in favour, moved

  • Approve motion for MapGuide OS to graduate from Incubation with Bob Bray as PSC Chair / VP MapGuide OS at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
    • Frank motion, Gary seconded, all in favour, moved

  • Approve motion for QGIS to enter incubation at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
    • Gary motion, Mark second, all in favour, moved

  • Approve motion for FDO to enter incubation at the recommendation of the Incubation committee.
    • Gary motion, Frank second, all in favour, moved

  • Discuss OSGeo providing infrastructure hosting for selected pre-incubation projects (ie. MOSS4G).
    • Frank describing "small projects" idea, requesting permission for SAC to provide/support infrastructure for non-OSGeo projects.
    • Process SAC must have time and be wiling to support it, with recommendation to board to approve
    • Frank motioned to allow MOSS4G (Mobile geospatial project) to be accepted using this process, providing SAC can handle, Arnulf second, all in favour, moved.
    • TODO: Frank to take back to SAC

  • Consider VisCom Budget 2007
    • TODO: VisCom: Recalculating to adjust budget to reflect new in-kind donations
    • TODO: VisCom: Also provide a must-have budget, minimal

  • Discuss OSGeo participation in the Google Summer of Code, and appointment of Administrator.
    • Frank volunteers to be the administrative contact for organising, Gary seconds, all in favour


  • Discuss plans for charter Membership Process.
    • TODO: Frank to open up to discuss list for public input/review, with aiming to approve at next meeting

  • Discuss plans for corporate bylaws.
    • Discussing how parts of charter and bylaws were meant to get OSGeo started but that may benefit of revision now. Jo had been doing some research and posted some ideas for discussion.

  • Set next meeting date
    • March 16th, same time

  • Gary motion to adjorn, Frank seconds, carried