Board Meeting 2008 03 14

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting has been scheduled for the 14th of March 2008 at 15:00 UTC (fixedtime), by phone and IRC (#osgeo) at the same time.

Communication will use the new Conference Call facilities.

Agenda

  • Appoint meeting secretary,
  • Review and approve Thirty Third Board Meeting minutes.
  • Appoint Wolf Bergenheim as Google Summer of Code Administrative contact (with support from Frank Warmerdam)
  • Approve graduation of the Quantum GIS project from incubation with Gary Sherman as project liason (aka VP, QGIS) as recommended by the Incubation committee.
  • Discuss timing, and responsibility for 2008 charter member and board elections.
  • FOSS4G 2008 contracting and budget status review.
  • Update from Tyler

Minutes

  • Meeting started at 15h07 UTC
  • Real-time IRC logs available here
  • Present: Bob, Chris, Paul, Frank, Dave, (Voting Quorum reached) Tyler
  1. Appoint meeting secretary, Tyler taking minutes, Frank chairing meeting
  2. Review and approve Thirty Third Board Meeting minutes.
    1. Bob moved, Frank seconded, all were in favour, minutes approved.
  3. Motion: Appoint Wolf Bergenheim as Google Summer of Code Administrative contact (with support from Frank Warmerdam)
    1. Frank made the motion to appoint him, Paul seconded, all were in favour.
    2. Wolf is appointed Google SoC Admin contact
    3. Thank you to Wolf for volunteering for this task
  4. Motion: Approve graduation of the Quantum GIS project from incubation with Gary Sherman as project liason (aka VP, QGIS) as recommended by the Incubation committee.
    1. Frank made the motion, Chris seconded all were in favour.
    2. QGIS is now a graduated OSGeo project
  5. Discuss timing, and responsibility for 2008 charter member and board elections.
    1. Will hold off until after Annual Report is complete, end of March, so Tyler can lead the process, with input from the Board
    2. TODO: Tyler to document process to be used
  6. FOSS4G 2008 contracting and budget status review.
    1. Paul gave update. Balanced budget received from LOC last week and it is looking good.
    2. Finance Committee to vet and recommend budget approval back to Board.
    3. TODO: Paul to send recommendation to committee for discussion
    4. Final approval and letter of agreement planned for next board meeting.
  7. Update from Tyler
    1. Reviewing some items from his email update
    2. Tyler is gathering UK contacts (with Jo Cook) for a potential OSGeo UK Meetup May 2008 to boost the local chapter, while in the area for a presentation at OSGeo Sponsor 1Spatial's annual conference.
  8. Frank moves to close the meeting, seconded by Dave, all in favour.. meeting adjorned.