Board Meeting 2020-02-24

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 24 February 2020 at 16:00 UTC through IRC, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.

Agenda

Current items

  1. roll call
    • appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  2. Review and approve past minutes
  3. f2f Meeting - https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/hacBIYOAEA/
  4. QGIS Summer camp, Summer school, Contributor meeting and Conference - application for sponsorship
  5. Request W3C Web mapping workshop, Montreal June 15-17 [1]
  6. FOSS4G Europe 2020 request for seed funding [2]
  7. GSoC 2020, Importance of that program.
  8. Express official board support for OSGeo participation at EGU Data Help Desk, proposed motion - OSGeo board supports OSGeo participation at EGU Data Help Desk with Peter Loewe coordinating the effort for OSGeo
  9. ISO/TC 211 liaison [3]
  10. MapServer Budget Request 2020 as sent by Steve Lime on 21st of February (https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/OSGeo-2020-Budget)
  11. Board meeting preparation: How to rank topics before the meeting takes place
  12. Add more agenda items here...
  13. very low priority
    1. What to do with members with no name, no bio on the website?
    2. What to do with members that have avatar, but no uploaded image (the search page is use the uploaded image)

Minutes

  • Presiding: Till
  • Scribing: Till, Angelos
  • Attending: Till, Tom, Helena, Angelos, Michael, Vicky


Review and approve past minutes Board_Meeting_2020-01-27

MOT 1: Approve past meeting minutes Board_Meeting_2020-01-27

  • Angelos: +1 (initial motion)
  • Tom: +1 (seconded)
  • Helena: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Michael: +1
  • Vicky: +1

face-2-face meeting 2020

  • In 2020 we plan 2 1-day f2f meetings:
    • One f2f meeting will take place in Athens on Sunday, 24. of May (day before the OSGeo code sprint starts)
    • the 2nd will take place around FOSS4G in Calgary
  • f2f meeting boilerplate wiki page: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2020-05-24

QGIS Summer camp, Summer school, Contributor meeting and Conference - application for sponsorship

  • ACTION: Till to contact and point to OSGeo possibilities on funding events

Request W3C Web mapping workshop, Montreal June 15-17 [1]

  • Peter is looking for OSGeo representation in the context of the W3C work with MapML
    • Tom checks, whether participation is possible for him, otherwise ask Daniel Morrissette
  • ACTION: Tom to answer Peter on his email

FOSS4G Europe 2020 request for seed funding [2]

  • Cleared. Board decided to offer seed, Till already reported to LOC FOSS4G Europe 2020

GSoC 2020, Importance of that program.

  • Vicky wants to stress the importance of this programme
  • Unfortunately the participation declines over the past years
  • Helena proposes to postprone this topic to our f2f meeting, which is agreed by all

Express official board support for OSGeo participation at EGU Data Help Desk

  • MOT2: OSGeo board supports OSGeo participation at EGU Data Help Desk with Peter Loewe coordinating the effort for OSGeo
  • Helena: +1 (initial motion)
  • Angelos: +1 (seconded)
  • Tom: +1
  • Till: +1
  • Michael: +1
  • Vicky: +1

ISO/TC 211 liaison

  • Deferred to next board meeting when Victoria can better elaborate

+ Till to ask Victoria, if that is okay (done via telegram)

MapServer Budget Request 2020 as sent by Steve Lime on 21st of February

  • MapServer budget request on together 5.300 US $ [4]
  • The board has approved 2k for MapServer on January.
  • Proposal:
    • Let MapServer start with the 2k
    • Hint them on other possibilities for Travel Granting
    • Let them come back once they spent their budget and re-discuss the topic with the board
  • ACTION: Till to contact Steve Lime (done)

Board meeting preparation: How to rank topics before the meeting takes place

  • Short discussion on how to do that
  • Angelos proposes, that we do not need a formal way to that
  • Discussion postponed to f2f meeting

Website

  • What to do with members with no name, no bio on the website? / What to do with members that have avatar, but no uploaded image (the search page is use the uploaded image)
  • website should be on agenda for f2f


links

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-January/012551.html [2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-January/012558.html [3] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2020-January/012553.html [4] https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/wiki/OSGeo-2020-Budget

Actions

  • Till to contact QGIS Summer camp organizers and point to OSGeo possibilities on funding events
  • Tom to answer Peter on his email (W3C Web mapping workshop)
  • Till to contact Steve Lime (done)

IRC Log