FOSS4G 2016 Meeting minutes

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

2016-08-17 LOC Meeting

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 ~

Participating: Till, Uli, Oliver, Astrid,

Agenda

  • Conference App (if any)
  • Conf. Booklet
  • Daily LOC standup at 8.00 (breakfast included)
  • Survey
  • Things to do after the conference
  • OSGeo Live sticks
  • Code Sprint - who from LOC is coming?

IRC chat 2016-16-06

  • time: 6p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

  • registrations today (~455)
    • how to promote registration, especially early registration)
  • travel grants
    • budget
    • time & dates
  • programme schedued and out
    • still problem with the mobile view of the programme
  • PR&M
    • Press Release "program" is done, Charlotte sends it out
    • What about June Recap?
    • Who supports the facebook page?
    • Other activities
    • status of Media Partners?
  • switched sponsorship packages a bit
    • bronze also appear on 1st page (not on start)
    • no sponsor to put s.th. in the bag, so add table with material close to registration dedicated to sponsors


IRC chat 2016-09-06

  • time: 6p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

  • registrations today
  • programme schedued and out
    • problem with the mobile view of the programme
  • PR&M
    • status of Press Release "program" and June Recap?

IRC chat 2016-19-05

  • time: 6p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

  • registrations today
  • keynoters (5/6):
    • GJ suggests to hire Open data Keynote: Ton Zijlstra (1.900.- plus 1 overnight)
    • Dirk Frigne
    • one position is still open - no talk about "disaster management" => Marc
  • topic talks
    • Charlotte collects topic talks (5/9)
      • disaster mapping (Group from Bonn)
      • Open Data with Open Software - the Copernicus Program (GRASS, DLR)
      • OSGeo Live (Angelos)
      • OSGeo and INSPIRE (Dirk Frigne, Board and Robin Smith (JRC, EC)
      • Location Tech projects (request to Andrea Ross)
    • any more?
  • programme
    • do we have a final programme layout on 1st of June?
    • status?
  • studentship programme
    • defined need for 44 students
    • requested them and asked for student certification, wait for feedback until end of week
  • press center @ FOSS4G
    • in contact with Timo Thalman
    • need for room for press releases
    • FOSS and OSGeo experts for media conferences
    • preparation of press kit
    • need person of PR&M (?) keep contact with Timo
  • news for press releases May?
  • Meet & Greet
    • LOC "code" sprint somewhere in June?
      • to align all parts, tracks etc
      • to cleanup Redmine where needed
    • GWF
      • Upcoming Tuesday in Rotterdam (NL)

IRC chat 2016-28-04

  • time: 6p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

  • keynoters:
  • Topic Talks:
    • overview:
      • 4/8 fixed (sent mail yesterday)
      • discussed mit AC and asked also Dirk Frigne "Open Standards, OGc and INSPIRE"
      • discussed mit AC about one "Land Information"
      • discussed mit AC about one "Using Open SOurce in Public Administraitons"
    • Which activities are open?
    • Who is in duty for TT?
  • Homepage
    • present accepted talks first as list before we have the final setup programme?
    • there are some things I do not like on the HP:
      • Keynoters is not ready, made some comments in #294/#295
      • presentation of side events, perhaps deactivate this and then make it honest first?
  • Media Partners
    • Status here?
  • Work for Charlotte
    • new redmine-project "orga-office"
    • email via info@foss4g2016.org

IRC chat 2016-21-04

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

IRC chat 2016-14-04

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till

Agenda

  • Media Partners?
    • News on that --> MV cares
  • Tomorrow start of registration
    • https://www.bonn-conferences.de/foss4g2016/en/
    • Till has Codes for different levels of free access/discounts
    • T-Shirt competition: 50 Early Bird T-Shirts sent in advance rattled under all Early Birdies --> approved
    • Need a clean up of the website --> MV and AC care
    • PR&M - how do we promote Open Registration? (twitter, fb, press release?, media partners, institutional partners?) --> need press release, GJ wrote one, approved and sent around
  • sponsorship
    • are there still any activities from the sponsor-team? --> AC yes, but hard work
    • Deutsche Bahn (german railway) status? --> HP cares
  • Travel Grant programme
    • get 10k$ from OSgeo
    • private donations by Paypal via fossgis account --> approved, TA cares
  • misc

IRC chat 2016-07-04

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Arnulf

Agenda

  • Media partners
  • PR&M
    • Where is our monthly news?
    • Marc reports: PR&M team meets on 2016-4-8 and will report via mail, Codrina as lead.
  • Keynoters
    • three fixed (ESA, Europ. Commission, World Bank), 1 perhaps (Venka with new horizon of OSGeo as GJ proposed) 2-3 still to find
    • are there keynoters for Disaster Management/Open Data requested?
      • Marc Vloemans: waiting confirmation for the Disaster Management topic, will report by Monday
    • We have some alternatives, TA could contact (but not topic related)
    • Proposal to invite a well known and deeply involved speaker from an OSGeo core project / community / etc.
  • FYI
    • workshop selection finished
    • last hands on the conference registration system
    • Markus Neteler: agreed to scan through the website and clean it up
  • Misc
    • nothing added

2016-04-06 LOC Meeting

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 ~

Participating: Till, Uli, Oliver, Astrid,

Agenda

  • student helpers/video support
    • release text of student ship programme
    • homepage text
  • travel grants
    • fix selection proceedings (how gets a travel grant)
    • status on budget/funding
    • homepage text
  • key note speakers
    • status
    • how to present on homepage?
  • workshops
    • status report (if Carmen/Danilo join)
    • Todos for LOC
  • misc


IRC chat 2016-24-03

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

  • end of Call for submissions
    • prolonged call for scientific track
    • prolonged call for maps
    • total submission numbers
  • status of registration system
    • TA will report
  • status on accommodation system
    • TA will report
  • PR&M
    • need March press release - status?
  • Misc



IRC chat 2016-17-03

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

  • programm committees
    • all prepared?
    • yes, all well prepared
    • status of proposals
      • 80 so far
      • final 289! talk proposals
      • keep the call for maps open until 21.5.
      • prolong the call for scientific track until 28th of march
    • add faces to website
      • collect and then put them on the Cfp-sites
  • PR&M
    • Wall of ideas - status
      • ready,need account in order to include it on the website
    • Mailchimp - status
      • GJ and MArc will do this weekend
    • other news?
    • what to release in March Press Release?
      • keynoters, more about, numbers about cfP, partners etc.
    • general: from now, 4 press releases dealing with the 4 key topics , ideally with a reference project each (from one of our sponsors?)
      • good idea, but without naming any sponsors
  • Keynoters
    • Klaus Deininger from Worldbank official
    • andreas Veispak from Commission official
    • any news?
  • Sponsoring
  • Misc
    • Accommodation LOC (externals)
      • give out accom-link on 1st of April, TA cares

IRC chat 2016-10-03

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

  • Status PR&M
    • Mailchimp
      • G-J works on it
    • Wall of ideas - how do we proceed here?
      • We use external link
  • Attendance Fees
    • fixed now at 590.-/750.- - where to publish them?
    • published in submenu "Attending" on website
  • sponsorship
    • new "institutional partner" OGC
  • Programme
    • close of Call for Submissions on 21st of March (11 days left)
      • needs co-ordination with Franz-Josef (same closing time?)
        • open
      • need programme at least end of April, so early birdies can book and know the programme
      • need workshop programme on 14th of April
      • all dates approved and will work!

IRC chat 2016-03-03

  • time: 6 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

2016-03-02 LOC Meeting

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 ~ 23.00

Participating: Arnulf, Codrina, Astrid, Uli, Martin, Torsten, Till, Carmen, Hinrich, Oliver

Agenda

  • student helpers/video support
    • too many angels needed for video team (costs)
      • reduce offer to students - free ticket without gala event
    • organisation of studentship
      • to be done by Katja and Astrid
  • code sprint
    • request from codefrobonn to participate with own event on code sprint
      • Till passes contact to Sven Hense over to Uli/Astrid
    • costs
      • costs now effectively ~18k for food/drink
    • support from OSGeo/FOSSGIS - status?
      • Astrid finishes and hands it in
    • technical issues
      • possibly need more power - Oliver checks
      • definitely need better internet bandwidth - Oliver checks for possibilities
  • preparation of ToDo's for Essen
    • who will be there?
      • Codrina, Carmen, Uli (perhaps saturday, Arnulf (saturday), Danilo, Gert-Jan, Till
    • what is most urgent to be done?
      • promote Call for submissions
      • sponsorship
      • fill homepage with contents
  • status of travelgrant program
  • homepage
    • open todos for Küstenschmiede?
    • what is missing? next steps
      • Anja listed open TodOs, Carmen talks to Küstenschmiede, rest -> Hacking Weekend
  • misc
    • Manage Ice Breaker

IRC chat 2016-02-25

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: NN

Agenda

  • Sponsorship
    • GeoCat new silver
    • The 10% discount to our sponsorship packages might not yield the expected results. It needs to be reconsidered. Within the following days a final decision will be made.
  • PR & M
    • status of February press release?
      • I really like to kick that out at least on monday. Also I'd like to kick out the sponsorship-discount day. I can care for the first "shot" friday evening, when I am back home.
    • status of our distribution system? Gert-Jan asked for the administer for a software-package
      • The general press release for February is written and can be checked here http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/239. Once the decision for the 10% discount will be final, Codrina will adjust it. The press release will be published on the 1st of March on our site, then disseminated with a shorter message to all media (mailing lists, social media etc.).
  • Key Topics
  • misc

IRC chat 2016-02-18

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: HP

Agenda

  • Sponsorship
    • We plan to make a huge effort on sponsorship by calling out the 29th of February as "Sponsorship day" and grant all sponsors signing that day a discount of 10%. For this we need ideas, how to publish, who to contact and so on.

Background is, that we'd like to have as many sponsors as possible before we have to fix ticket prices. Up to now, it looks like we have around 80k of sponsorship income.

  • Workshops
    • time is going by and I haven't noted many activity on your tickets ...
  • PR&M
  • program comittee
    • reminder on Call for submissions needed? Didn't see much activity on the project-mailing lists
    • plan of rooms - TA didn't make it, comes at least next weekend

IRC chat 2016-02-11

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

  • PR&M
    • News for next press release? Status of next press release
    • Status on CfP for Key Topics? (-> #204 - #207)
  • Sponsoring
    • companies/Agencies to talk with?
    • organisations as "institutional partners" - list on webpage and name them and they distribute our press releases
  • registration system
  • program comittee
    • plan of rooms
  • key notes?
    • Andresas Veispak from EC "Introdction to Copernicus"
  • misc
    • status of video team -> Astrid
    • @Astrid: Anything else from yesterdays meeting at WCCB?


IRC chat 2016-02-04

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: TA

Agenda

  • PR&M
    • News for next press release? Status of next press release
    • status of sistribution of CfP message?
  • key notes
    • news/ideas?
  • any more requests to the register system?
    • TA has meeting tomorrow at 11 a.m. with PCO
  • misc
    • new face: Christoph Baudson took the chair for travel grant programme
    • next new face: Charlotte, a geographer student will make an internship and occupy the FOSS4G orga-office from beginning of May


2016-02-03 LOC Meeting

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 ~ 22.00

Participating: UR, AE, MA, OR, CT, CB, TA

Agenda

  • status of homepage
    • mobile version?
      • is in issue #165, Carmen cares
  • setup timetable for full workshop organisation
    • schedule
      • To Be done by Workshop Team, set issue priority of #37 to "high"
    • interaction with GSI and DW / rooms, food, etc.
      • also see #37
    • hardware
      • also see #37
    • interaction with trainers / OSGeo Live
      • also see #37
  • travel grant programme
    • new face in LOC: Christoph Baudson is head of this chapter
    • TA makes email adress/redmine access / done
    • TA sends activities till now to CB
  • towards a "green event"
    • ideas
    • TA contact to atmosfair
    • how to show on the webpage
    • responsibilities: astrid takes the chair!
  • misc
    • internalship Charlotte will start on 1.5.2016 and occupy FOSS4G orga office
    • meeting on 02.10. in WCCB with video team

IRC chat 2016-01-28

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: NN

Agenda

  • PR&M
    • News for next press release?
      • Next press release will contain information about the 4 key topics (landinfo, open data, RS and disaster management)
      • Action item for every representative of those key topics: by next Wednesday (2016-02-03), have a short text ready for Codrina
      • The press release will then look like (quoting her):
        • 1. a summarising short text with 2 phrases for each topic / community we are trying to reach out to - this would be general..
        • 2. the specific CfP that would be sent out to specific mailinglists, blogs etc.
        • specific CfPs (for open data, for= 2016-01-06 =
  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 20.00 - 21.30

Participating: HP, OR, UR, MA, AL, TA

Agenda

  • status of homepage land info etc.)
    • Where was the call for submission published and where should we also?
      • We haven't had any information, Codr= 2016-01-06 =
  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 20.00 - 21.30

Participating: HP, OR, UR, MA, AL, TA

Agenda

  • status of homepageina will report it later
        • TA: osgeo-discuss, fossgis-verein, xing (german), twitter
  • General Orga
    • Till has interview with potential internship for organisation-office
      • found Charlotte, will start 2nd of May
    • start early April or May
  • Sponsorship
    • 10% clause ends 31-01 - do we need extra efforts now?
      • no
    • sponsorship team: Please look over website and try to make things clearer - how?
      • done
  • misc
    • What's the status of the blog functionality of the website. Will there

be one?

      • There is a blog (breaking news) - content to Homepage Team!


IRC chat 2016-01-21

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda


IRC chat 2016-01-07

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • urgent Tickets in Redmine= 2016-01-06 =
  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 20.00 - 21.30

Participating: HP, OR, UR, MA, AL, TA

Agenda

2016-01-06

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 20.00 - 21.30

Participating: HP, OR, UR, MA, AL, TA

Agenda

  • status of homepage
    • who needs to deliver what texts when?
    • responsibilities
      • Martin will edit his social event texts until 21.01.2016
      • need to update homepage with text for Call for Papers and Call for Workshops
      • in order to get more liability, Till will contact Küstenschmiede in order to ecpand support contract. In case of a hury, we can contact them for getting texts online
      • Till will care for helping person in translating texts to proper english
  • social events
    • need to finalize the "field trips"
      • Martin will scan the list sent by Bonn Tourismus ASAP
      • agreed to hire drummer group for social event
  • program draft overview
    • TA shows general program draft, including everything around the core conference
    • discussion
  • local activities
    • can we deliver content about Bonn for PR&M?
    • "local" information for homepage (where to buy sim-card, tourist-shop, etc.)
    • responsibilities
      • shifted to next meeting

IRC chat 2015-12-17

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • sad news:
  • time plannings
    • official 2nd call for sponsorship on 7th. of January
    • need PR&M press release then as well
    • UR and TA will meet 22nd at terrestris office for detailed time planning
  • programm comittee/programm related stuff:
  • Workshop committee
  • PR&M
    • missed that out, as no one of PR&M joined the meeting
  • Misc
    • Video Recording
      • decided to use CCC equipment and accept higher price, because we get more
      • AE keeps contact to video team around Peter
    • happy new year and come back fresh next year!

2015-12-02

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 20.00 - 22.30

Participating:

Agenda

  • discuss status of homepage
    • comments?
    • missing texts?
  • discuss Gala Event
    • do we really need two artists?
  • WCCB technics:
    • is a 130 mbit wire enough?
  • studentship/angels
    • how to organize?
    • when must we start?
    • possible donations
  • neighboured organisations around Bonn
    • e.g. DLR
    • does anyone has contacts to other?
    • how can other organisations get involved?


IRC chat 2015-11-30

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

IRC chat 2015-11-23

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • status of sponsorship
    • sponsors
      • one silver, one bronze yet
    • requests for sponsoring
      • --
    • activities of the sponsoring-team
      • HP and AC go through their list and emai potential sponsors
      • PR&M prepares sponsoring announcement
  • logo & website
  • status of PR & M
      • PR&M started work at hacking weekend
    • foss4g2016 facebook
      • G-J started a fb site
      • Codrina will join the fb-team
      • fb topic in next meeting
    • newsblog on homepage
      • Carmen cares, asked @ Kuestenschmiede
  • neighboring communities - G-J proposed to build bridges to other communities such as CMS, python and OpenData
    • other interesting communities?
      • CMS, OpenData, ... ?
    • activities to reach out these communities
  • video during conference
    • do we need live streaming?
      • no decision yet, need exact costs first (Astrid asks, Till lists up costs from WCCB offer)

IRC chat 2015-11-16

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • sponsorship is out - how to proceed
    • do we need to promote this via the promotion channels (email-lists, etc.)?
    • if, who is responsible?
      • sponsoring team is going to promose sponsoring now, they are responsible
  • status on exhibition
    • costs (500.-/1500.-)
    • how do booth look like?
  • news on Programm committee
    • frab
      • Dominik has setup frab on hacking weekend, VM need to check this out
    • how does VM want to create his team?
      • Till sent email to Volker
      • no reaction yet, VM is in USA
    • some infos from Franz-Josef on Academic Track Team
      • F-J will report his dates to UR (Till sent email-reminder)
  • misc

2015-11-11

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 - 22.30

Participating: Anja, Oliver, Till, Martin, Carmen, Astrid, Torsten, Uli

Agenda

  • discuss homepage list http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Homepage
    • Carmen and Anja will setup general structure
    • text for HP have to be delivered 2 weeks in advance (see timetable!)
  • social events
    • Martin wants to have "calmer" live music on board as well
    • Martin will contact Queenkkings about their time slots
  • discussion of timetable: Do we have critical issues to be done?
    • TA contacts VM because of Program committee formation
    • meeting Till / Uli for milestones required
  • on-site visit in WCCB
    • offer of WCCB is in SVN
    • we try to stay in old building, more atmosphere
    • we have first option on room "bangkok" in new building
    • best place ever for FOSS4G!
  • next meeting: 02.12.2015


IRC chat 2015-11-09

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • Communication & Reliability
    • Who does not use [name]@foss4g2016.org?
      • In case, please pass the emailadress you use regularly to LOC!
    • who does not use ticket system?
      • Please, everybody check for access in the redmine system!
    • Please remember to answer - even if issue can't be done in time, nothing is worse than just don't tell each other!
      • TA: "We have issues and interactions and I feel, that it does not work" - so please, honor the rule, that any reply to an email is better than nothing!
  • possible co-operation with Location Tech - What do we want - what does Location Tech want?
  • program
    • status on cfp-system
      • need a running cfp-system, VM suggests "december"
      • for TA this is too late, so VM contacts Dominik Helle about setting up a "frab" as at least "fall back system" (http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/40)
    • discussion about program-format "moderated workshop"
      • change title to "topic talk"
      • discussion to do that, VM says, that it can't be in the responsibility of the ProgComm, so need an extra chair here
      • discussion whether this is extra to the 7+1 parallel tracks or if we take away one normal track
      • more discussion on that wednesday @LOC meeting in LUXX
    • discussion whether ProgComm is responsible for Keynoters
      • TA keeps his hands on the keynotes until we have a well formaed ProgComm
      • VM says, he just didn't do anything on that until now -> need to do that ASAP!
  • misc


IRC chat 2015-11-02

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)

Agenda

  • homepage
    • meeting on wednesday
    • phone Küstenschmiede on friday
  • schedule issues
  • status of room plannings in WCCB, find pre-plans (level 0 and level 1) here: [2] / [3]
    • discuss preliminary room plan (session rooms and exhibition)
    • RESULT: We proceed with a concept of basaar and we have a special eye on the room available in general and if the attendees are forced to go to the exhibition. Meeting in WCCB is 2015-11-12. Till and Hinrich will go. Everybody is welcome.
  • status marketing list? (-> G-J, MV? http://foss4g2016.org/redmine/issues/5)
    • RESULT not input from the team for today. Team is asked to repport next week.
  • Discussion about Bags
    • two bags
    • Hinrich will suggest some bags by next week
  • status on sponsoring (-> AC, HP)
    • DECISION: Sponsorship officially opens by 2015-11-06?
  • DECISION: Sponsoring 10% until 2016-01-31 for sponsorship packages
    • Sponsoring will be part of the "Letter from the chair" (PR&M reviews the letter at the moment)
    • we also should send the to the mailing lists and on twitter
  • Till Adams will send a short "sponsorship now opens" on the lists and twitter on friday
    • Conference package
  • status on reg-system (->TA)
  • our goals:
  • misc
  • What about Facebook, others ? (-> PR & M-Team to decide)
    • 'Result Marketing team will be asked to create a foss4g2016 account as foss4g is already in use
    • https://www.facebook.com/FOSS4G/
    • https://www.facebook.com/FOSS4G2015/
    • found some open issues in elder minutes:
      • Team will evaluate whether to offer day care (also to attract. 27.6.
      • What about Facebook, others ? (-> PR & M-Team to decide) 7.10.
      • Videoteam (7.10):
        • ask at WCCB for costs (Seyfert, MediaCompany) and outfit for video team
        • perhaps offer money to CCC-team, that makes the video stuff at FOSSGIS instead of paying WCCB?

IRC chat 2015-10-26

  • time: 5 p.m. CET
  • IRC-channel: #foss4g channel on freenode.net
  • how to connect: choose your favorite IRC client, or go directly through browser with webchat
  • Chair: Till (TA)
  • joined: Volker G., Volker M., Carmen, Gert-Jan, Jeff, Uli, Astrid, Anja, Martin

Agenda

  • general timetable
    • agreed on finish timetable by this week (26.10-1.11.), put it here http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Timelines
    • if folks don't deliver, they get their asses kicked :) (by vmx)
    • homepage team will meet 3. or 4.th in Berlin (Anja, Carmen, Till, Katja), then finish timetable
    • programm committee will go without extra time for cfp. Volker will make first schedule with all dates amd send a discussion about "what if we need the extra time"
    • PR & M: no fixed dates yet, Geret--Jan will fill the table this week (10.26-11.1.)
    • we need a view on the way tasks are related, therefore Gert-Jan sets up a gantt chart (cameron will love to see that in the cookbook ;)), Uli will put it in the wiki - if it's ready
    • Till skypes with Arnulf about the sponsoring stuff on wednesday (10.28.)
  • urgent tasks
    • homepage
      • everybody scan this page http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Homepage and add/comment until 11.1. so we have a complete list by next week before we meet in Berlin
      • GertJan will split between very urgent and not so urgent tasks
      • the latter ones we can pick up in Essen (20-22 nov) as well
    • sponsoring packages / status - done see above
      • discussion in the board whether or not to mix sponsoring osgeo.org (in general) and foss4g (the event)
      • Jeff will keep us up to date on this issue (from board)
    • marketing materials / spread the word
      • thanks to Anton, we have a promotion website: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Marketing#Projects
      • Till to twitter: "projects should update there website" (/done)
      • Gert-Jan made a list of gespatial magazines etc at the PR page http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_PR (Till added FOSSGIS list)
      • Gert-Jan will go through the list until 1.11. and contact all the companies, magazines, etc.
      • Jeff will be writing a Seoul report for GM-International shortly and is willing to promote 2016 in the article
      • Jeff now can send a message to the OSGeo "projects" mailing lists on that
  • program
    • status of programm committee
      • no news on Cfp system yet, Volker will report in meeting 11.9.
      • we need a registration system. Till talks to Mr Seyfert (PCO) about that (from 11.2.)
      • Till likes to give the opportunity to interested potential attendees to "pre-register"
      • discussion about the benefit for those who pre-register
      • maybe "free drink on Ice Breaker" (people need incentive (reason) to pre-register)
      • Till talks to PCO about their system and then we decide whether we make pre-registration
  • status of PR & M team
  • early birders/ early interesters
    • idea to give early birders a special tshirt and let them send photos with that tshirt to us ("Building Bridges")
    • passed vote, approx costs 5k €
    • Gert-Jan will try to design a shirt with Anton in Essen
    • logos from past conferences (we are 10th foss4g!) on the back, maybe with a map of the world with the locations
    • Gert-Jan will create a wiki (sub)page for all these excellent ideas
    • no sponsorship on tshirts wanted
  • misc
    • "Building Bridges" approved as official sub-title of FOSS4G2016
    • jmckenna: "Paul Ramsey raised the bar, and actually purchased contact lists of GIS professionals in the region near the event location." -> Alredy in work by Till

2015-10-09

  • Locality: terrestris office Bonn
  • 12.30 - 17.00

Participating: Marc, Gert-Jan, Konrad Seyfert, Till Meeting with PR & Marketing team

Minutes

  • PR & Marketing must start now
  • PR & M-Team must work together with other teams, such as sponsoring, program comittee, financial or webpage-team and also PCO (WCCB)
  • there are some time critical interactions between PR & M and other teams, so time planning is important!
  • targets:
    • OSGeo target: "promote our software"
    • LOC targets:
      • cover costs (650 vattendees as break even)
      • lower atttendance fees
      • get the 1000
      • good quality on all levels
      • BBQ (socializing)
  • products
    • conference program, venue, social events, town of Bonn
    • meet people
    • interchange knowledge
    • sponsor packages for individuals such as NGO's, communities, companies, gov's, academia etc.
    • bring your own-contribution
  • we expect 75% of "FOSS4G affin" attendees, but want at least 25% non-FOSS4G affin attendees
    • people from organisations, companies etc. that are not geo/gis-centric, UN, traffic, defense, insurances, etc.pp.
    • also people from neighbouring disciplines, such as CMS e.g. etc.
  • between these two groups, there is a number of GIS-affin people, that are not aware of FOSS4G, we want to attract them as well
    • these come from proprietary GIs companies
    • Remote Sensing people
    • ...
  • for this, contents must be defined -> program team
  • slogan is needed. "FOSS4G 2016 - build bridges in Bonn" is a suitable sub-title for the conference
    • bridges between communities, countries, people...
    • Also the wording "Join us for ..." is a suitable word and stresses the Rhenish mentality
  • exhibition must fit into WCCB
    • idea to make kind of oriental marketplace ("Kasba") with booth, coffee stations, tables etc. - this will open an often boring exhibition place and also fit into WCCB
    • Conrad Seyfert asks with WCCB, if use of tunnel as presenting room is possible (fits better into concept)
    • CF clears also, which booth are possible at what costs
  • Pr & M needs budget, TA suggested 5k for now, team agreed
  • role of Textkoch was discussed
    • TA talks to Textkoch for an hour-based support for marketing especially in the D-A-CH room (german language)



2015-10-07

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 - 22.00

Participating: Anja, Oliver, Till, Martin, Danilo, Astrid, Torsten

Agenda

  • BoF with LOC Team 2015
    • Till and Volker met the Korean LOc in Seoul. Some of the discussed issues will be discussed later.
    • For coupled scial event with conference Sanghee calculated with 20% not to come to social event. For us this means to offer the possibility to check "I attend to social event" when registering, although social event is included anyhow
    • Seoul Team had some travel grants and reduces prices for some students (-35%), paid from a budget where attendees were able to pay more (donation)
    • Decision who became a travel grant was made based in world bank list of countries
    • Deliver space for poster&map sessions, no pre-oganisation took place on that
    • registration in Seoul: 45% Early Bird, 20% in last three days before online reg. closed (!!), 5% on site, total 562 attendees
    • Seoul offered just to make workshops without joining the conference - TBD!
  • Early Bird - How do we get people to register early
    • In general (also others from OSGeo requested): Ensure time overlap of Early Bird and publishing of the programme
    • Seyfert says "it must hurt2 - so think about higher price range between Early Bird and normal (now: ~570 <-> ~650)
    • Open Workshop Reg. with Early Bird and tell the people that Workshop places are rare (they are!!)
    • BaseCamp is an issue, because only Early Birders will get place here (only ~80 places)
    • Offer special T-Shirt for Early Birders with logos of the past F4G conferences on the ack and the possibility to "x" the ones, the attendee has been
  • Free tickets
    • In the calculation 10% of non-payers are calculated, Till wants to lower that (which will lower general price)
    • Seoul had the rule, that no one got a free ticket (including Sanghee)
    • we want free tickets for the LOC, but who is in really in the LOC? Need more discussions on that
    • 30-35 free tickets for student-helper-program
    • invited speakers should get a free ticket as well
  • Code Sprint / BaseCamp
    • Need to contact Bonn tourismus because of nearby apartment hotel (->Till)
    • Code Sprint scheduled Sunday noon to Tuesday (23.8.2016) evening and Saturday-Sunday (27./28.) because before BaseCamp is already booked by FROSCON
    • BaseCamp completely booked for week from 21.8. - 28.8.
  • Twitter Account
    • Till got credentials from the Seoul team
    • need one/two persons who regularly twitter news
    • issue for meeting with PR&Marketing guys on friday (09.10.2015)
    • What about Facebook, others ? (-> PR & M-Team to decide)
  • Postcards
    • need new ones
    • layout should be changed slightly, Martin contacts Anton for that
    • Till will order another 2000 (?)
  • Videoteam
    • ask at WCCB for costs (Seyfert, MediaCompany) and outfit for video team
    • perhaps offer money to CCC-team, that makes the video stuff at FOSSGIS instead of paying WCCB?
  • Homepage
    • need general information section, need later, but can collect ideas now in WIKI (where get prepaid sim-card, where souvenirs, ...?)
    • Till asks Camren to contact Anja so they can make a plan which sites are needed
    • Till lists issues needed for registration, need to decide how registration works ("buy" Küstenschmiede for a consulting day?)
  • Sponsoring
    • high pressure on finishing the sponsorship packages
    • uncouple sponsorship and exhibition, sponsors can buy extra exhibition space
  • Misc
    • bank account is ready, Fred will transfer OSGeo money (minus pre-paid consulting of MediaCompany for Proposal) to that account
    • need to know, how mails to <name>@foss4g2016.org can be forwarded (Till requested that already from his administer, publish over list)
    • Till contracted PCO via "Support", so for this year they just plot the hours and bill them, new agreement needed begin of 2016
    • 09.10.2015 (terrestris office): Meeting Gert-Jan, Marc, Till and Conrad Seyfert

2015-09-02

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • 19.30 - 22.00

Participating: Anja, Uli, Oliver, Carmen, Matthias, Till, Martin, Danilo, Hinrich

Agenda

  • GeoSummer 2016 in Bonn. Report from Uli, Martin, Torsten, Till about meeting on 08.18.2015
    • we missed that issue
  • general Timetable setup by Uli and Till
    • Uli is the time-table-responsible
    • Uli hacks timetable into WIKI and asks tems to refine their own timetables. The aim is, to recognize cross-links and to avoid, groups waiting for each other
  • Sponsoring packages and additional packages
    • first draft of sponsoring packages is on the website
    • we changed "exhibitor space" from sizes to yes/no. We have to work on this issue, as we do not know, how WCCB works, if there is a booth builder, etc.
    • we added some tasks sponsors may add to their package, such as "lenyards, Ice Breaker, Coffe Break, etc.
    • Till is against too high early bird discounts (proposal 5% before xx.xx.2016)
  • Geohack-Weekend 20./21. of August 2016
    • need to reserve BaseCamp for one more day
    • pullman coach excluded, as this is traditionnally used by FROSCON for childs overnight
    • Matthias from FROSCON contacts Uli, so we can work together here, reduces the beds we have, but also the risk not to fill every availability
    • add Mapserver to "interested project" list
  • Workshops - state of the Art
    • we have 8 rooms in GSI and 2/3 in Deutsche welle fixed, we can cancel them without costs up to 60 days before event
    • this gives us room to check for better places (BIT, Cesar?)
    • none has PC's
    • idea is to buy used PC's (e.g. "lapstore") for around 150€ and place them at disposal for e.g. "schools for Africa" or "GeoforAll" or whatever...
    • we might run 8 workshops (in GSI) with Pc's and make to "bring your own" workshops. To be discussed with Program Committee

2015-08-18

  • Locality: terrestris rooms
  • 11.00 - 12.00

Participating: Till Adams, Martin Arimont, Uli Rothstein, Torsten Brassat

  • spontaneous meeting after meeting with Bonn City, MediaCOmapny, IHK and University about "Geosummer Bonn"

Agenda

  • Geosummer Bonn 2016
    • we agreeed, that without FOSS4G there is no Geosummer at all
    • we want to express our aims on a Geosummer, for this, we collect our ideas here
    • we have to be aware that Geosummer and FOSS4G might compete for the same sponsors (especially local business)
    • potentially we might consider this in our sponsoring packages
    • beside the foreseen BusinessB2B we might think of further business meeting between local GeoBusiness and others uncoupled from FOSS4G
  • Financial plannings
    • TA and TB agreed to start a monthly financial review. First kickoff will be in september.
  • timetable plannings
    • UR and TA will meet on monday (24.8.) so set up an inital timetable and think of milestones for the planning teams
  • events
    • UR ensured MA his assistance for the event-planning
    • TA will forward program drafts from Bonn Tourismus for fieldtrips and family program to MA

2016-07-15

  • Locality: FOSS4G Conference, Como, Room V08
  • 13.00 - 14.00

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Europe_2015_BirdsOfAFeather#Room_V08

Participating: Till Adams, Jeff McKenna, Gert-Jan van der Weijden, Arnulf Christl, Franz-Josef Behr, Astrid Emde, Peter Löwe, Sanghee Shin

Agenda

  • Timeline/Planning
    • Milestones?
  • Marketing
    • Targets/goals
    • Relationship with FOSS4G-EU (2016??).
    • Relationship with FOSSGIS-2016
  • Project organisation
    • Relationship LOC - FOSSGIS - OSGeo Board: who is principal, who is contractor? + financial aspects (who's risks and who's benefits)
    • Budget (general, and per theme/aspect/team) + treasurer
    • Tooling (plain mail + SVN, or something fancy such as basecamp

2016-07-01

  • Locality: LUXX Bonn
  • Participating: Till A, Carmen T, Astrid E, Arnulf C, Oliver R, Anja L, Uli R, Martin A, Axel S, Andreas S

Minutes

  • Codesprint
    • Astrid and Uli visited BaseCamp
    • Location is suitable for CodeSprint
    • cool if CodeSprinters would stay there anyhow
    • TODO Arnulf: contact people in question before
    • Arnulf thinks of a WLAN test with at least 30 devices
    • need for electric stuff such as sockets, cables -> passed to Oliver R
    • need for communication to BaseCamp about realiability electric power net
    • Uli wants to have a budget but difficult because of uncertainy about how many attendees we will have
    • BaseCamp has two caterers, we can ask for lunch
  • Homepage
    • some suggestions but nothing essential
    • we favour the system "who wants to edit is allowed to do" -> get account from Carmen
    • nevertheless Anja offered to co-ordinate the homepage a little bit (content)
  • Discussion about "Bonner GeoSummer"
    • Meeting is 19.08.2015 at MediaComapany in Bonn
    • Discussions whether we want to participate or not
    • agreed that Uli, Till and Torsten will attend, Martin checks for his availability
  • Sponsorship
    • Arnulf wants to talk to Worldbank as sponsor
    • discussion about "CoC" for sponsors
  • General
    • TODO Till contacts Bonn Tourismus gmbH in order to get also hostel beside BaseCamp into our Hotel list
    • TODO Till also asks for potential "family" programme during the week
    • first thoughts about how to manage free tickets for LOC / who get free ticket
    • some thoughts and call for ideas about a kind of "travelsponsorship" for people from developing countries
    • Athina, Arnulf and Till have a meeting with UN Spider on 2.7.2016 (Minutes soon from Arnulf)






2016-06-27

  • Locality: LinuxHotel Essen
  • Participating: Till A, Katja H, Carmen T, Astrid E, Olaf K, Torsten B, Volker G, Anton P, Frederik R, Athina T, Mark G, Danilo B, Arnulf C, Dominik H, Matthias E, Marco L, Oliver R.

Minutes

  • Till opens the meeting and goes through the agenda.
  • Please join the list foss4g2016@lists.osgeo.org for all all planning
  • Officially tasked people can request a dedicated mail-address following this template: name@foss4g2016.org Please contact Till Adams.
  • Fix sponsorship levels and packages (Hinrich, Arnulf)
  • Implement Angel/Helper System. Katja Haferkorn volunteers (see FOSS4G 2016 Teams)
  • Team will evaluate whether to offer day care (also to attract.
  • Cost of regular ticket incl. Social Events (tbc) (this is a veeery conservative estimate and will definitely go down over the next 6 months).
    • Early bird: 570€
    • Regular 650€
  • FOSS4G will fit in nicely with the Bonn "GeoSummer" event chain which includes the EarSel conference in July and other interesting side events. There will be a follow-up meeting with the Bonn Event Management team on August 19 2015.
  • Engage Bonn city marketing folks to support community requirements (code sprints, meetings, mapping days, etc).
  • Chair of Bildungsurlaub: Dominik Helle


2015-06-10

  • locality: LUXX Bonn, FOSSGIS/FOSS4G-Orga Stammtisch
  • participants: Torsten (TB), Uli (UR), Martin (MA), Danilo (DB), Anja (), n.n. (), Till (TA)

Minutes

  • Till talked about state of organisation
  • discussion to move Ice Breaker from Botanical Garden to BaseCamp
    • we tend more to Base Camp because it's easier to organize
    • perhaps ask at Harmonie in Bonn-Endenich for possible alternative
  • Martin Arimont took the chair as event manager:
  • Danilo likes to assist Carmen with workshop facilities and organisation -> has to ask Carmen, if OK for her
  • Uli Rothstein thinks of taking the chair for the code sprint organisation
  • Torsten had contact to some banks and asked for conditions for a bank account
    • decision: open bank account at Volksbank
    • Till has to bring a paper from FOSSGIS
  • Till updated the chair list and added the volunteer chair
  • Till contacts former chairs for numbers of participants for
    • Code Sprint
    • Ice Breaker
    • ...?
  • All chairs need fossgis-Emails
    • Till contacts Marco again

2015-06-02

  • locality: Bonn, terrestris
  • participants: Athina (AT), Carmen (CT), Arnulf (AC), Till (TA)

Minutes

  • Documentation moves to OSGeo Wiki (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016). Privacy related content is managed in the internal Wiki at (http://134.119.5.200/wiki/)
  • Carmen Tawalika manages the Workshops (Thanks!). This includes:
    • Facilities
    • admin contact points,
    • Signposting
    • Transport
    • ...and many more things. See also FOSS4G_Handbook#Workshops and please update that page as you go and discover more important things.
    • Alternative facility options for workshops with a focus on good accessibility form the conference venue are currently explored.
  • Sponsorship; Hinrich gets supported by Arnulf.
  • Athina coordinates further cooperation with the UN Offices in Bonn.
  • The Marketing & Outreach team is forming around Gert-Jan van der Weijden and Marc Floemans. We still need support from the German community. We are also evaluating professional support offered by Timo Thalmann (Textkoch) and Monika Rech (Rheintext).
  • Till will contact the organizers of the BarCamp Bonn on 18. Juni. im Stadthaus Bonn at 18:00. Feel free to join.
  • We are still looking for somebody to organizes the Code Sprint. We are already evaluating different venue options but the concrete organization itself should e4ventually be managed by a dedicated person.
  • Website design will be provided courtesy of Küstenschmiede (many thanks, folks!). Development will start at the next FOSSGIS Hack Weekend end of June.
  • The website will launch three weeks prior to FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul.

IRc logs here: http://irclogs.geoapt.com/foss4g/