Journal Volume 1
OSGeo Journal - Volume 1 - is now published at: http://www.osgeo.org/journal/volume1
Next Volume is Journal Volume 2
The following page is kept for historic reasons and is no longer active.
- 1 Deadlines
- 2 Status
- 3 Contributors / Topics
These are draft deadlines currently open for discussion.
- Call for participation and papers - February 27, 2007
- Finalise production team - March 8, 2007
- Close formal call for papers - March 23, 2007
- Draft production - April 4, 2007
- Final production - April 16, 2007
- release - May 15, 2007
- Starting up..
- Setting deadlines
- Volunteer invite sent to OSGeo discuss list (twice)
- Drafts for articles are coming in
- Review of articles
- Latex check of articles
- Final layout
Contributors / Topics
See Journal page for definition of the following categories. Add yourself if you are interested. Note that all categories don't have to be filled, so this serves as a rough outline for the types of content we generally hope to have.
- ? = not yet confirmed
- !? = confirmed/in contact
- ! = first version submitted
- !! = version ready for final grammar/spell-checking
- !!! = final version ready
- Author: Tyler Mitchell - General updates - !!!
- Ohloh stats summary
- Author: Tyler Mitchell - OSGeo 1st Anniversary - !!!
- OSGeo accepted for Google Summer of Code (SoC) - !!!
- OSGeo sponsorship update !!!
- Upcoming events !!!
- Old news, see news archive on osgeo.org !!!
Event Reports (2-3 articles)
- Author: Dr. K S Rajan - topic: Map World Forum, India - !!!
- Author: Andrea Scianna - title: VIII Meeting Italian users of GRASS & GFOSS - !!!
- Author: Helena Mitasova/Julia Harrell - title: 2007 NC GIS Conference and new OSGEO Affiliated NC FOSS4G User Group - !!!
Project Spotlights (1-2 articles)
- Author Marc Jansen and Astrid Emde - title: TBD (A short introduction to Mapbender) -- !!!
- Author M. Mueller - title: TBD (deegree) -- !!!
- Author Tim Sutton - title: Introducing openModeller - !!!
- Author Oliver Eichler - title: TBD (QLandkarte) -- !!!
Case Studies (2-3 articles)
- Authors: Alex Fordyce and Charlie Crocker - title: Open Source Software in San Francisco's Urban Forest Project - !!!
- Author: Roger Bivand - title: Using the R-GRASS Interface !!!
Integration Studies (2-3 articles)
- Author: Franck Martin - title: Tikiwiki a GeoCMS - !!!
- Authors: Jachym Cepicky and Lorenzo Becchi - title: PyWPS and Embrio Using ka-Map & PyWPS to create a GRASS WEB GIS - !!!
- Author: Dylan Beaudette - title: Producing Press-ready Maps with GRASS and GMT - !!!
Topical Studies (1-2 articles)
- Author: Landon Blake - title: Spatial Relationships - An Introduction - !!!
- Author: Daniel Aimes - title: Evaluation and Implementation of WPS - !!!
Programming Tutorials (1-2 articles)
Author: Tim Sutton - title: Building apps with QGIS API
- Author: Luca Casagrande - title: LiveCD Developments - !!!
- OSGeo project summaries:
- Author: MapGuide PSC - title: MapGuide Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Jody Garnett - title: GeoTools Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Daniel Morissette - topic: MapServer Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Cameron Shorter - topic: MapBuilder Project Update - ("Status" and "About the author" sections only) - !!!
- Author: Christoph Baudson - topic: Mapbender Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Frank Warmerdam - topic: GDAL Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Jeroen Ticheler - topic: Geonetwork Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: GRASS PSC - topic: GRASS Project Update - 2007 Q1 - !!!
- Author: Gary Sherman - topic: QGIS Update - !!!