Marketing Meeting 2008.01.16

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search

Please note that meeting times change!


Marketing Committee meeting to be held on Wednesday Jan. 16th, 2008 at 22:00 UTC on (#osgeo). IRC client (select #osgeo from the drop-down list, and type /nick YOURNAME, to set your nickname for use in the channel).

Meeting Agenda 2008.01.16

  • Role call
  • Assign scribe
  • Review previous minutes ( Previous meeting)
  • Review previous action items

New Business

  • Update re: Marketing project (Arnulf/Jeroen)
  • Review Marketing Budget 2008 (Tyler)
  • Discuss events for 2008 - bring your suggestions or post to bottom of this page
  • Work on WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus#Visitors
  • please add more

Old Business

  • Define deliverables for Marketing proposal
  • Continue definition of OSGeo Mission, Vision and Value Statements for marketing purposes
  • Start adding the SWOT Analysis content for the future marketing plan
  • Discuss and (hopefully) agree on the Marketing proposal
  • Boost spreading OSGeo's name (how to?)
  • Produce HQ paper version of project / committee info sheets
  • Create an OSGeo CD/DVD with all projects to give away together with HQ paper version of project / committee info sheets
  • Actively plan and commit to more conferences, trade fairs, events at large
  • more?

Minutes

  • As per IRC logs starting at 13h00 log file time.
  • Tyler to scribe minutes
  • Present: Daniele (had some connectivity problems), Arnulf, Jeroen, Tyler, Jo Walsh also joined
  • Reviewed and accepted previous meeting minutes
  • Update re: Marketing project (Arnulf/Jeroen)
    • Jeroen gave update. The previously discussed marketing project did not yet start. The contracts are ready to sign. Jeroen to sign them and start project, with Arnulf's help.
    • Tyler was confused, thinking we were talking about a newer project, but this is still the project discussed last meeting and not an extension. Budget comes from an advance of $5,000 that was set aside for Marketing in 2007.
    • Project will run in two parts: communication plan, and logo improvement - in parallel and be done in about one month.
  • Review Marketing Budget 2008 (Tyler)
    • Tyler explained that before Marketing Committee starts spending real money, the Finance Committee needs a budget describing how the funds will be used.
    • ACTION: Tyler to start Marketing Budget 2008 and circulate discussion to mailing list, then present to Finance Committee
  • Discuss events for 2008 - bring your suggestions or post to bottom of this page
    • Deferred to mailing list for further discussion.
  • Work on WebCom_OSGeo_Site_Focus#Visitors
  • Meeting last about 40 minutes. Tyler moved to close, Jeroen seconded, all were in favour.