OSGeo member page instruction
The OSGeo Member list is user maintained and not controlled through a formal process.
First, create a user on this Wiki. Then add some information about yourself on your user page (must be logged in). You may input your latitude and longitude on your user page. Read the discussion page to see what could be done with those coordinates. Hack it if you feel like it. Watch out for Axis Order Confusion when you do it.
To be listed on this page, you can add the [[Category:OSGeo Member]] category tag to your user page, but it might be better to follow the instructions in the following section.
Publish your real name instead of your User:name
If you want your name to appear in the list, rather than the User: prefix and your MediaWiki userid, follow these steps:
- Construct a URL consisting of "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/" plus your name, where spaces in your name are replaced by underscore (_) characters. For example, if your name was "First Last", the URL would be "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/First_Last"
- Visit that URL. If you get a page that says "There is currently no text in this page...", then your page does not yet exist, and you can proceed with the next step. If you find that the page does already exist, then you will have to go back to the prior step and select a different name (e.g. perhaps add your middle initial).
- Add your name, interests, occupation, links to your homepage, project and work pages and maybe a picture.
- Save this page.
- Then go to your MediaWiki user page (by clicking on your Name First Last as it appears in the upper right menu of the Wiki) and edit it. The URL of this page looks something like "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:First Last".
- Select the "edit" link and add a MediaWiki redirect link to this page, i.e. a single line “#REDIRECT [[First Last]]”. This will forward the user to the page you just created under your full name.
- If your user page is at [[User:FLast]], then add this line: "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/First_Last"
- Don't forget to save your new page.
Publish your membership to local chapters, committees and other sub groups
- Visit the URL created in the previous instruction Redirect.
- Select the "edit this page" link.
- Tag this page so that it appears in the requested OSGeo member list(s).
You do that by for instance adding this line:
to get listed in the OSGeo Member list. Or
to be shown in the Local Chapter: Nederland. Before Setting the category for your Local Chapter, check the list of Local Chapters.
To appear on the user map, just follow the instructions in OSGeo Member Map documentation.