Software Translation Portal
It is proposed to install a unified translation portal for OSGeo projects which use "gettext" based message translations.
- pootle - http://pootle.wordforge.org/
- supports online message translation (much like Canonical's Rosetta, but this is free software)
- apparently supports integration of offline translated .po files
- integrates smoothly with version control systems (SVN)
- offering their facilities for FOSS GIS translations
- helping out with FOSS GIS translations through OSGeo channels
- extending their model beyond South African languages
- but: some people maight have issues with the disclaimer
- TP - translation project:
Interested OSGeo projects
- GRASS: i18N efforts
- Probably GDAL (users requested translated messages)
- QGIS? QGIS translation
- ... (please update)
- On OSGeo infrastructure or GRASS server or ...?
To avoid too much diverging jargon, it is requested to develop and follow a translation glossary.
- Markus Neteler (proposer)