|Job Title:||GIS Technician|
|Company:||Fondazione Edmund Mach|
|City:||San Michele all'Adige|
|Email:||lucadeluge AT gmail DOT com|
|Instant Messaging:||Skype: lucadelu|
|Language(s):||Italian; English; French|
|Personal Description :|| Luca is an OSGeo and OSM contributor and advocate. He graduated in Geography applied to the environment, landscape and tourism from University of Genoa (Italy) in 2008. Since the same year he work at Fondazione Edmund Mach, a research center near Trento. He is interested in all features about GIS: desktop, web, geodatabase, developing and geodata. He is core developer and translator of GRASS GIS project, main developer of pyModis library and OSGeoLive and ZOO-Project contributor.
He is really active in the Italian community, GFOSS.it. From February 2012 to October 2015 he has been a board member and since 21 November 2017 he became President of the Italian OSGeo local chapter.
URIs of the form "lucadeluge AT gmail DOT com" are not allowed.
OSGeo Experience and Roles:
He is involved in the following projects:
- GRASS GIS: developer and Italian translator
- QGIS: I developed and contributed to some plugin (OGR2Layers, QuickMultiAttributeEdit)
- ZOO-project: beta tester and documentation
- pyModis: main developer library to download and works with MODIS data
- From February 2012 to October 2015 he has been a board member of GFOSS.it (Associazione Italiana per il Software Geografico Libero), the Italian OSGeo local chapter. Since 21 November 2017 he became President of the Italian OSGeo local chapter.
- Actively participating in OpenStreetMap and promoting OpenStreetMap in Italy organizing a lot of events
- Since 2011, he has been an OSGeo Charter Member
- OSGeo-Live, helping in documentation and Italian Translation
He know and use the following Free and Open Source Project:
- GRASS GIS
- Web Server
- Web client
- Other tools
- Spoken Language(s)
Italian (mother tongue), English, a little bit of French
- Profile last updated
2015 January 19