Board Meeting 2022-04-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- roll call
- appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
- Review and approve past minutes
- OSGeo Budget 2022
- Boundary condition of the open source software foundation with respect to transition of software to services.
- e-mail account policy
- Kart Project's Org Stipend for the GSoC 2022
- Geospatial World Forum
- FOSS4G 2022
- GeoLIBERO clarifications
- Inactive members-
- PDAL on #osgeolive 2022 (time allowing)
- Add your topic here
- Presiding: Michele
- Scribing: Marco
- Attending: Marco, Michele, Angelos, Michael, Rajat, Vicky, Adam
- Guests: Regina, Luca, Brian
Review and approve past minutes
- Motion passed on Loomio: https://www.loomio.org/p/mPFXgZ2f/motion-to-approve-meeting-minutes-from-board-meeting-2022-03-28
OSGeo Budget 2022
- Motion approved, we can now operate normally
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2022 has been finalized.
Boundary condition of the open-source software foundation with respect to the transition of software to services
- Jody brought this up and is asking the board if we’re ok to include or endorse SaaS
- We agree that If the code used in the SaaS (Software as a Service) is deployable on its own instances then it can be treated as a project.
- The service is not the interesting part, the deployable code is.
- The projects wanting to be incubated are to prove that they are deployable
E-mail account policy
- In the past, there were already requests for @osgeo.org accounts. If everyone would have one real account, it would burn all SAC hours
- We need to address the cost-benefits by asking SAC if there are resources
- We need to make sure there is a clear policy
- Regina says definitely we do not do real mailboxes
- We are not doing aliases either
Kart Project's Org Stipend for the GSoC 2022
- If they do it they should do it as a donation
- We should ask them if they want to join OSGeo
Geospatial World Forum
- Travel and stay expenses for the representative (Luca) of OSGeo are covered as if it was a board member since the board asked.
- Late with tickets registrations since there was a DooS attack on the system
- No posters, instead lightning talks
- About 400 talks
- All smooth besides registration
- If they do not have a local chapter then that is much welcomed
- Spread awareness using the OSGeo Announcements or News or Discuss lists (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/News_Queue)
- Review if the initiatives and events align with existing projects and initiatives and join hands
- How do we deal with 100 people that did not vote for over 2 years?
- If there is no participation in voting then some kind of warning can be issued
- Important to consider that if there are any changes in email addresses leading to missing the email notifications
- Good to do it on personal note instead of group announcement
- There shall not be different classifications of retirement
- Thinking on the active members that didn't vote in at least the last 2 years. Probably there was an e-mail change, (or other some valid reason of not participating). We should reach out at a personal level to clarify.
PDAL on OSGeoLive 2022
- Issues in debain packaging of pdal (https://pdal.io/)
- Conda can’t be used on OSGeoLive
- What exactly is required from board? (considering PDAL is not an OSGeo affiliated project)
- Considering it as a technical problem, a solution can be figured out internally for inclusion of PDAL in OSGeoLive
- no log, a jitsi meeting