Board Meeting 2022-05-30

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This board meeting is scheduled Monday 30 May 2022 at 15:00 UTC through Jitsi, a record of motions is preserved on loomio and actions on osgeo todo issue tracker.


Current items

  1. roll call
  2. appoint meeting chair, meeting scribe/secretary
  3. Review and approve past minutes
  4. OGC / OSGeo MOU update
  5. FOSS4G 2022
  6. Bolsena 2022 Funding Request
  7. CRO: voting statistics for past elections, retiring process of charter members


  • Presiding: Michele Tobias
  • Scribing: Adam Steer
  • Attending: Michele Tobias, Adam Steer, Vicky Vergara, Angelos Tzotsos, Codrina Ilie, Tom Kralidis, Rajat Shinde, Marco Bernasocchi
  • Guests: Anne Ghisla, Brian Hamlin

Review and approve past minutes


  • The board needs to review the press release. OSGeo and OGC to deliver joint keynote at FOSS4G, so there is some pressure.
  • Two sections in particular need review / adding: "About OSGeo", and a quote from OSGeo.
  • Tom asked the board to consider the message OSGeo wants to give in the MoU press release.
  • MoU release time - both end of June and at FOSS4G discussed, end of June seems to be the consensus
  • Comments on the draft press release will be accepted until 3 June, at which point the press release will be returned to OGC for final edits and release.

FOSS4G 2022

  • Discussion of board travel plans for FOSS4G Firenze.
  • A decision was reached to hold a face to face meeting on Saturday 27 August at the same time as the code sprint
  • Codrina will ask the Firenze LOC if we can use a room at the code sprint venue.

Bolsena 2022 Funding Request

CRO: voting statistics for past elections, retiring process of charter members

  • Discussion about how to retire inactive charter members, meaning everyone who has not voted for 2-3 elections
  • We propose to contact all inactive charter members to initialise discussion about what they want to do.
  • Discussion about putting a page on the OSGeo wiki about voluntary retirement - and automatic/silent retirement (as exceptional procedure of 2022, and clarified for subsequent years)
  • Anne as CRO will then write on discuss list asking to contact CRO either to update the email, or to retire as per the procedure on the wiki

NASA discussion / open science meeting

  • Condrina reported on an informal meeting with ESA and NASA about open source communities at ESA Living Planet Symposium 2022, attended by Codrina and Adam.
  • This sparked a discussion to follow up on meeting with the NASA TOPS program.


  • Board to review OGC/OSGeo MoU press release and make any comments by 3 June (Done)
  • Codrina will ask Luca (FOSS4G Firenze LOC chair) if we can use the code sprint venue for a board meeting
  • Anne Ghisla to prepare a page on voluntary retirement for the OSGeo wiki, board to approve before publication on wiki
  • Angelos to e-mail NASA about open science meeting (Done)


  • no log, a jitsi meeting

Next meeting