Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The 2010 OSGeo annual board election will be held this summer, so the new board can meet face-to-face at FOSS4G. The Charter Members election will be held later in the year.
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Arnulf Christl, Ari Jolma, Howard Butler, and Frank Warmerdam have reached the end of their 2-year term. Board members wishing to stand in the 2010 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Markus Neteler, Chris Schmidt, Geoff Zeiss, Jeff McKenna and Ravi Kumar.
Nominate new Board Members - 2010-08-01 - 2010-08-12
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member
- Email a nomination, consisting of name and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by the end of Thursday 12th August 2010
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2010
Vote for new Board Members - 2010-08-13 - 2010-08-25
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2010 list
- Email email@example.com with a list of names up to 4 lines long (one vote per board slot)
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote.
- Voting closes midnight (your timezone) 25-August-2010
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2010 Results
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Charter Member Election
In 2010 we are adding up to 10 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2009
- Positive Attributes for new Charter Members
- Full details of the New Membership Process
- The New Member Nominations 2008 provide an illustration
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer
Nominate new Charter Members: 2010-10-19 - 2010-11-02
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- New Member Nominations 2010
Vote for new Charter Members: 2010-11-04 - 2010-11-11
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 10 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 10 different people, or the same person 10 times, or any balance in between.
Final Status: 2010-11-13
- The new members have been selected. Many voters noted the large number of quality nominations and the misfortune of only having 10 positions to allocate. The new charter members for 2010 are:
- Alex Mandel
- Andreas Hocevar
- Anne Ghisla
- Astrid Emde
- Danilo Furtado
- Gavin Fleming
- Hirofumi Hayashi
- Jo Cook
- Maria Brovelli
- Milena Nowotarska
- The list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2010