Board Meeting 2008-11-14
(Redirected from Board Meeting 2008-11-07)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notice: This meeting was initially scheduled for 2008-11-07 but there was no quorum.
Communication will use the Conference Call facilities.
- Appoint meeting secretary
- Review and approve Board Meeting FOSS4G2008 minutes.
- Application of the FOSSGIS e.V. as Local Chapter. Please read the Application as Local Chapter and skim the D-A-CH article.
- Application of the Comite direction chapitre quebecois as Chapitre québécois Comite_direction_chapitre_quebecois#English_Summary English Summary.
- Application for the Spanish Language Local Chapter
- Approve 3rd quarter balance sheet and income/expense reports as recommended by the Finance Committee
- Update from Tyler
- Sponsorship update, next steps.
- OSGeo email accounts
Attending (Skype & IRC): ArnulfC (Chair), FrankW (Secretary, AriJ, MarkusN, PaulR
- Meeting convened at approximate 1730 UTC after some conferencing problems.
- Approved Board Meeting FOSS4G2008 minutes.
- Approved FOSSGIS e.V. local chapter.
- Approved Comite direction chapitre quebecois chapter.
- Approved Application for the Spanish Language Local Chapter.
- Approved 3rd quarter financial statements.
- Skipped report from Tyler.
- Discussed sponsorship efforts - followup on board, and board-priv list as appropriate.
- Discussed OSGeo email accounts. @osgeo.org email reflectors are available by request to SAC (ticket), for directors, officers and responsible volunteers of OSGeo.
- Discussed marketing spending plans. Suggested to ask on marketing list. Note that marketing is expected to produce a rough budget with spending plans as part of the 2009 budgeting process.
- Meeting adjourned at approximately 1800 UTC.