Jump to navigation Jump to search
The OSGeo annual elections come in two phases. Firstly, the election of new Charter Members to the Foundation. This group is in turn responsible for electing members to the Board of Directors
Charter Member Election
In 2008 we are adding 15 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2007
- Positive Attributes for new Charter Members
- Full details of the New Membership Process
- The New Member Nominations 2007 provide an illustration
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer
Nominate new Charter Members: 2008-05-23 - 2008-05-29
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- New Member Nominations 2008
Vote for new Charter Members: 2008-05-30 - 2008-06-05
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 15 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 15 different people, or the same person 15 times, or any balance in between.
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Frank Warmerdam, Arnulf Christl, Dave McIlhagga and Chris Holmes have reached the end of their 2 year term; Dave McIlhagga has decided to not stand for re-election. Thanks for your past work, Dave! The others must receive a nomination in order to stand in the 2008 election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Markus Neteler (DE/IT), Bob Bray (CA/US), Paul Ramsey (CA), Jo Walsh (UK/ES) and Jeroen Ticheler (NL/IT)
Nominate new Board Members - 2008-06-13 - 2008-06-20
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member
- Email a nomination, consisting of name and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by the end of Friday 20th June 2008
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2008
Vote for new Board Members - 2008-07-14 - 2008-07-25
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2008 list
- Email email@example.com with a list of names 4 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 4 different people, or the same person 4 times, or any balance in between.
- Voting closes midnight (your timezone) 25-July-2008
- Results will be posted at Board Election Results 2008
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions