FOSS4G 2022 Bid Process
- FOSS4G 2022 will most likely be held in Europe or North America.
- FOSS4G 2019 was in Bucharest, Romania
- FOSS4G 2020 was planed for Calgary, Canada (canceled due to COVID-19)
- FOSS4G 2021 will be in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- FOSS4G 2022 will be ... ?
- "Letters of Intent" will be accepted from potential Local Organizing Committees (LOC) from Europe and North America. If there are no submissions from groups within Europe and North America, letters from other regions will then be solicited.
- Regardless whether one or more letter(s) of intent are received, the Conference Committee members will vote. The vote procedure for 2022 is as follows: Every member of CC votes on every LoI. LoI's that receive more than 50% of "thumbs up"-votes will pass stage 1.
- Selected letters will be invited to prepare a full bid based on the usual RFP process.
- A proposal outlining budget, potential sponsors, LOC members, and venue costs will be required, even if only one letter is received.
- Based on experiences from the past years, we would like to stress the following tasks:
- OSGeo anticipates a Travel Grant program. There is a budget from OSGeo, but we expect the bidder to further collect money for TGP and to offer free or at least reduced passes for grantees.
- The bid should stress the alignment with OSGeo values as given in OSGeo's CoC and contain hints on a conference CoC
Voters on RfP 2022
# Maria Brovelli # Till Adams # Steven Feldman # David Bitner # Paul Ramsey # Eli Adam # Vasile Craciunescu # Michael Terner # Peter Batty # Sanghee Shin # Mark Iliffe # Darrell Fuhriman # Gavin Fleming # Claude Philipona # Msilikale Msilanga # Guido Stein
CRO's on RfP 2022
CRO's will receive the votes for both stages and send the final results (but no counts!) to the chair of the committee. This year we are happy to have Arnulf and Codrina on board.
Summary of Important Dates (AoE)
|Release RFP:||2021 February 5.|
|Letters of Intent (Stage 1) due:||2021 February 25.|
|Stage 1 question period:||2021 February 25. to 2021 March 3.|
|Stage 1 polling Period:||2021 March 4. to 2021 March 11.|
|Stage 1 decision announcement:||2021 March 12.|
|Proposals (Stage 2) due:||2021 April 21.|
|Stage 2 question period:||2021 April 22. to 2021 May 5.|
|Voting Period:||2021 May 6. to 2021 May 12.|
|Selection of host city announced||2021 May 17.|
Letters of Intent
- Accepted until February 25, 2021
- Limited to three pages
- Read the RFP document (below) and answer the following questions:
1. Who is your conference chair?
2. Who is on your local organizing committee (LOC)?
3. What is the experience of your committee members with similar events?
4. What is your proposed venue? (include access to Internet, room sizes, maximum attendees)
5. What are your provisional dates for the conference?
6. Early thoughts on prices of conference attendance? (indicative estimates)
7. What is the price range and general location of your proposed accommodations? (hotels)
8. Are you partnering with other organizations? (e.g. local entities or other events like HOT OSM Summit)
9. What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location and with your team compelling?
10. What are your COVID-19 safety plans? What will you do if travel is significantly restricted in 2022?
Letter of Intent Review
- Letters of Intent were received from the following local committees:
- Questions will be asked of LOCs on conference_dev 2021 February 25 to 2021 March 3 - be prepared to answer the questions ASAP!
- Conference committee will vote and results announced on 2021 March 12.
- Letters with more than 50% thumbs up will be passed on to the proposal stage.
- If there are no qualified letters from the priority regions, then additional regions will be considered or solicited.
Results Stage One
- Florence proposal passed stage 1.
Bid Process Stage Two
Proposals were received from the following local committees:
- FOSS4G2022 proposal and Annex1 and Annex2 for stage 2 from the Florence Team. Q&A Stage 2 Florence
Result for Stage Two
- The conference committee members voted on Florence as the location for FOSS4G 2022