GeoNode Incubation Status
You can see the [Geonode incubator application request] for more details from the project
- Has the project been approved for incubation by the OSGeo board?
- Approved by the Incubation Committee on [August 9, 2015] and the OSGeo Board on [August 13, 2015]
- Has an Incubation Mentor been assigned to the project?
- David Bitner is acting as mentor.
Note, for each of the following it isn't necessary to move to foundation infrastructure, but if you aren't a reason should be provided.
- Has the projectname.osgeo.org domain been populated with the projects web presence?
- Not Yet
- Is the OSGeo bug tracker being used for the project?
- No, GeoNode uses GitHub issue tracking
- Is the OSGeo mailing list manager (http://lists.osgeo.org/) being used for the project?
- Yes, GeoNode uses http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geonode-devel and http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geonode-users for Development and User Support
- Is the OSGeo SVN being used for the project?
- No, GeoNode uses GitHub for code management.
- Are binary and source downloads available from http://download.osgeo.org ?
- No, the source is available at http://github.com/geonode/geonode. For Ubuntu, binaries are installable via ppa
- Is there a functioning user support mechanisms (ie. mailing list)?
- Yes, user support mailing list is at http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geonode-users
- Are source and binary downloads for the package available?
- Has a Project Steering Committee been formed, and given control of the project?
- The Project Steering Committee is composed of the seven committers with the greatest number of commits over the previous 365 days.
- Does the Project Steering Committee have documentation on project procedures for PSC decisions, contributor guidelines, etc.
- GeoNode has compiled all of their community guidelines at http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/organizational/index.html
- How many active developers are there? Are they from multiple organizations?
- GeoNode has over 30 primary developers with contributions coming from many more. Geonode developers come from
many different organizations. A sample of the number of organizations using Geonode can be found at http://geonode.org/gallery/
- Have project documents been updated to reflect membership in the foundation, and the relationship of the project to the foundation?
- Yes, the current main web site reflects the OSGeo incubation, it has been reported on the mailing lists.
- Has an effort been made to brand the project web site with OSGeo foundation web styling and branding marks?
- Yes, the current main web site shows both the OSGeo Logo as well as a link to the next FOSS4G event.