Jump to navigation Jump to search
Proposed date: Thursday, October 29th, 2009.
Proposed time: 15:00 UTC - Fixed time around the world (11:00am EST)
Proposed location: IRC channel #osgeo (alternative Web client).
- Approve minutes from IncCom Meeting12.
- Consider additions to committee membership.
- Discuss readiness of deegree for graduation.
- Discuss pending applications, and available mentors.
- Consider motion for MapFish to enter incubation with Gary Sherman as mentor.
- Consider motion for GeoServer to enter incubation with Richard Gould as mentor.
- Discuss Arnulf's idea about shared communication infrastructure.
- Consider additional requirements for incubation graduation.
Full log: http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2009-10-29.log
Attending: Frank Warmerdam (chair), Paul Spencer, Judit Mays, Markus Schneider, Howard Butler, Steve Lime, Jeroen Ticheler, Steffen Thomas (guest), Alexander Padberg (guest), Chip Mefford (guest), Jens Fitzke (guest), Herman Assink (guest)
- Minutes of last meeting approved.
- Motion: Judit Mays and Markus Schneider added to the incubation committee.
- Note to query Paul Ramsey to see if he will accept the nomination to the committee made a year ago.
- Extensive discussion of deegree incubation status. Some concerns around the role of the TMC but generally supportive. Plan for the incubation committee members to dig into documents, hopefully leading to a motion to graduate within the next few weeks.
- Regarding pending incubation applications, Markus Schneider volunteered to mentor PyWPS but a motion to recommend the project for incubation was deferred to the list to consider whether the project is ready for incubation.
- Motion: MapFish recommended to the board for incubation with Gary Sherman as mentor.
- Motion: GeoServer recommanded to the board for incubation with Richard Gould as mentor.
- Discussion of shared communication infrastructure deferred to the mailing list.
- Some concerns raised about Camerons suggestions for additional requirements, with further discussion deferred to the mailing list.