Marble Virtual Globe
Marble has succesfully graduated form Incubation and is now an official OSGeo project.
3D Desktop Globe
Marble is an open source KDE Education Project program similar to NASA World Wind or Google Earth. Besides choosing any number of maps to view on your globe (including OpenStreetMap), you are encouraged to include a KDE Marble widget in your application.
- Virtual globe and world atlas
- Navigate globe in 3D
- Mouse-click reveals Wikipedia article for destination
- Multiple maps (and planets, moons) to choose from
- Solar day/night overlay
- Measure distances
- Switch between view-from-space and 2D projected map views
- OpenStreetMap integration
Licence: GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1
Software Version: 1.3.4
Supported Platforms: GNU/Linux, Mac OSX, MS Windows
API Interfaces: Qt designer, C++, Python, D-BUS, Shell script