This was the OSUOSL VM used for backups starting in 2010/04 and is now upgraded to dedicated hardware (very) early in 2014. It is used for Bacula backups of OSU OSL VMs and Rsync backups of the public space at "download.osgeo.org".
- Admins: Frank Warmerdam (rsync), Martin Spott (bacula), Sandro Santilli (bacula)
- access is via SAC shell group.
- download.osgeo.org rsync mirroring runs nightly and is externally available at download2.osgeo.org.
- /backup/bacula/ contains the Bacula storage device
- /backup/rsync/ is for rsync backups
- /backup/longterm/ is for long term backups of static material (ie conference web sites)
- /backup/pgdump/ contains PostgreSQL dumps of the Bacula director database
- /etc/bacula contains Bacula configuration, is under local git repo
- Create an empty partition at the beginning of every hard drive, use "Reserved BIOS boot area" on GPT-partitioned disks (typical with 2 GByte disks or bigger) or just "Unused" on DOS-type partition tables. By tradition I reserve 10 MByte on each disk, maybe 1 MByte would be sufficient as well, but these 9 MByte of difference don't cost that much and you're on the safe side ....
- Create a second partition on every disk - for use by MD - allocating all the remaining disk space
- Create an MD RAID5 over all the 'second' partitions for use by LVM
- Create a LVM volume group on top of the MD physical volume
- Create volumes "boot" (256 MByte, Ext2, /boot/), "root" (20 GByte, XFS, /root/), "swap" (8 GByte), "var" (20 GByte, XFS, /var/)
- Install the base operating system, don't forget to set up SSH ;-)
- Add volumes "backup" (2 TByte, XFS, /backup/), "mirror" (1 TByte, XFS, /mirror/)
osgeo1 (primary peer1 host)
current cron jobs for backups
#### Backup cron jobs # min hour day month dayofweek user command # # 2am: Daily rsync to /home/back 05 2 * * * root /root/scripts/daily.sh # Every 3 hours # /etc/mysql-zrm #33 */3 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -a --delete /etc/mysql-zrm/ /home/back/etc/mysql-zrm/ # /var/lib/mysql-zrm #34 */3 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -a --delete /var/lib/mysql-zrm/ /home/back/mysql-zrm/ # call backup_trac_svn.sh to backup # subversion /var/www/svn/repos # trac /var/www/trac 45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/backup_svn_incremental.sh #45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/trac_backup.pl #45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/backup_trac_svn.sh # Thisdoes some hourly drupal/mysql optimization 39 * * * * root /root/scripts/drupal_cron.sh
backup script are in /root/scripts
osgeo3 & osgeo4
As noted in Download Server the contents of download.osgeo.org are rsync'ed to osgeo2.
Bacula - we need details.
??? How does it work?
As noted in Subversion the subversion repository is mirrored using svn mirroring and does not need to be backed up otherwise.