Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Conference Committee is the official committee of OSGeo responsible for operating the annual FOSS4G conferences.
- Motion to form Conference Committee
- http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev - Conference Committee email list
- OSGeo Conference site (includes FOSS4G2006, FOSSGIS, OSG 2005, FOSS/GRASS 2004, OSGIS 2004)
- Jeff McKenna (Chair)
- Claude Philipona
- Markus Neteler
- Allan Doyle
- Olivier Ertz
- Steve Lime
- Alain Grignon
- Daniel Rappo
- Arnulf Christl
- Dave McIlhagga
- Helena Mitasova
- Venkatesh Raghavan
- Thierry Badard
- Luc Maurer
- Frank Warmerdam
- Paul Ramsey
Thursday May17th Agenda
1. final acceptance of RFP draft (http://www.osgeo.org/files/webfiles/conference/rfp/osgeo-conference-2008-request-for-proposal.pdf) 2. review release text 3. release earlier than May 21st?
Monday May 14th Agenda
- create 2008 hosting RFP (to be released in May 2007)
- possibly specify the format for all submissions? (pdf for example)
- change from a public voting process to a secret ballot?
- include weights for each requirement?
- add preliminary FOSS4G2007 report (sponsorship, budget, etc)
- request enough space for workshops (PR: what is "enough"?)
1. New conference web home: http://www.osgeo.org/conference 2. RFP release May 21st, due July 20th, award July 30th 3. pramsey to provide budget template for RFP (similar to one in 2007 proposal) 4. PDF format will be the required format for RFP submissions 5. 2008 proposals will be public submissions, meaning submitted through the public mailing list (some sensitive areas can be submitted privately) 6. Private voting will occur regarding the 2008 decision (not on mailing list) 7. Committee members will order the proposals from best to worst (no weighting will be assigned to the evaluation criteria) 8. 2007 conference preliminary report will be added to the 2008 RFP 9. Publish 2008 draft for editing (jeff to provide draft for this Wednesday) 10. Next meeting Thursday to review the RFP (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2007&month=05&day=17&hour=15&min=0&sec=0)
- Pages in category "FOSS4G2007"
- FOSS4G2007 - wiki page
- http://www.foss4g2007.org/ - Conference Site
- Proposals and RFP
- requirements Wiki page
- Naming results
- Victoria 2007 Proposal
- FOSS4G 2007 Governance
- FOSS4G2007 Lessons Learned