SAC Service Status
Infrastructure of OSGeo System Administration Committee (SAC)
- 1 Peer1
- 2 Wiki (wiki.osgeo.org)
- 3 Telascience Blades
- SAC:Primary Administrators
- Lots of config information in the Migration Documentation.
- SAC:Backups describes backup strategy.
- Web pages (Drupal) - Tyler Mitchell, ... (info)
- postfix - Tyler Mitchell, ...
- Linux updates - Tyler Mitchell, ...
- LDAP - Howard Butler
- SSL certificate - Shawn Barnes (configuration)
- DNS (via Pairnic) - Shawn Barnes
- IPTABLES - Shawn Barnes
- a few osgeo.org services are monitored by HTTP monitoring scripts, notification goes to Frank Warmerdam, Shawn Barnes and Daniel Morissette - operated by Daniel.
- Virtual Hosts (on same server)
This is the other peer1 host, primary used for backup and development testing of services.
- /home/back: 6/24 hour backups from osgeo1 (by rsync)
- /home/other_backups: daily backups from download.osgeo.org by rsync.
- Development drupal instance
- wiki.osgeo.org (you are reading it!): migration notes (need more info!)
This only describes some of the osgeo oriented systems and is not a full description of the telascience reality in any way
- Full details on HyperCube
- Used primarily for geodata serving.
- (184.108.40.206) FC4
- new server: new install, ldap enabled, yum updated Nov 5th/2006.
- mapbender at mapbender.telascience.org (postgres, mysql running)
- GeoNetwork opensource website http://geonetwork-opensource.org or http://geonetwork-opensource.telascience.org
The Plone service should start automatically. In case it doesn't it can be started manually running /etc/rc.d/init.d/zopectl start
- (220.127.116.11) FC4 (DNS: buildtest.osgeo.org)
- new server: new install, ldap enabled, normal system setup done. March 28, 2008
- This server got a new disk in February because the old one died, so all previous contents are lost.
- Use 87GB /osgeo partition for bulk of work on this system, limited space in /home.
- Assigned as a build and regression testing server for Buildbot slaves, and related systems like Hudson for GeoNetwork and Geotools.
- Hudson does not restart automatically!
- Details on the Hudson Configuration on this system.
xblade12-2 (Kids GIS)
- (18.104.22.168) FC4
- new server: new install, no ldap or remotely mounted home.
- This machine is allocated to Kids GIS Portal
- (22.214.171.124) FC4
- LDAP logins
- download.osgeo.org (Download Server) - lots of disk space (transitioning to here)
- disk also exported to .219 (for shared /osgeo/download directory)
- GRASS usage: source code, ProgManual (built on buildbot .219), UserManual (built on buildbot .219), Linux binaries (built on buildbot .219)
xblade14-2 (buildbot | upload | GDAL | GRASS | remotesensing.org | QGIS)
- (126.96.36.199) FC4
- new server: new install, ldap enabled, yum updated July 19th/2006.
- buildbot.osgeo.org: OSGeo BuildBot Configuration.
- Using for Community Mapbuilder Continuum Builds.
- GDAL: http://www.gdal.org/ (/osgeo/gdal) and nightly svn snapshotting
- MapServer: script preparing nightly svn snapshots (/osgeo/mapserver - cronjob under frankw)
- http://www.remotesensing.org/ (/osgeo/remotesensing.org)
- GRASS (http://grass.osgeo.org/)
- /osgeo/grass/grass-web is the svn checkout of the grass website (updated once per hour).
- /osgeo/grass/rsync is the server which also operated as rsync mirror master (under the 'grass' rsync module)
- Mediawiki (using mysql)
- Quantum GIS (QGIS) (http://qgis.osgeo.org)
- /osgeo/qgis/qgis-web is the qgis website using joomla/mysql
- (188.8.131.52) FC4
- ldap.telascience.org: Fedora Directory Server. LDAP server.
- osgeo.telascience.org: Plone
- txtmob.telascience.org: SMS Smart Mob system
- gpstrack.telascience.org: Plone GPS / APRS / Cell tracking .... wishing ;)
- mediawiki.telascience.org (likely unused since wiki.osgeo.org ended up on osgeo2)
- ISO mirroring
- HJG still working to setup.
- HJG plans to use for a telascience ldap server.
- Frank Warmerdam / Mateusz Loskot plans to deploy buildbot slaves (bigendian sparc solaris!)
- (184.108.40.206) Solaris 2.9
- civicspace.telascience.org: experimental community portal
- Web based IRC client