- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
In 2009 we are adding up to 30 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2008
- Positive Attributes for new Charter Members
- Full details of the New Membership Process
- The New Member Nominations 2008 provide an illustration
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer
Nominate new Charter Members: 2009-08-13 - 2009-08-22
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- New Member Nominations 2009
Vote for new Charter Members: 2009-08-23 - 2009-09-06
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 15 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 15 different people, or the same person 15 times, or any balance in between.
Final Status: 2009-09-09
- Because the number of members nominated was less that our maximum for the year, all nominees were accepted.
- The list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2009
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 5 seats up for election this year.
- Paul Ramsey, Bob Bray, Markus Neteler, Jo Walsh, and Jeroen Ticheler have reached the end of their 2 year term; Paul Ramsey, Bob Bray and Jo Walsh have decided to not stand for re-election. Thanks for your past work, Jo, Bob and Paul! The others must receive a nomination in order to stand in the 2009 election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Arnulf Cristl (DE), Ari Jolma (FI), Howard Butler (US), Frank Warmerdam (CA)
Nominate new Board Members - 2009-09-10 - 2009-09-21
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member
- Email a nomination, consisting of name and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by the end of Monday 21th September 2009
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2009
Vote for new Board Members - 2009-09-22 - 2009-09-29
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2009 list
- Email email@example.com with a list of names up to 5 lines long (one vote per board slot)
- You can cast 5 votes, for 5 different people or all for the same person, or some combination in between.
- Voting closes midnight (your timezone) 29-September-2009
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2009 Results
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions