SAC Meeting 2018-09
Where and When
- in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac Thursday Sep 20th 2018 20 UTC
- Web IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/
Planned this month
- Role call:
Robe2 cvvergara jmckenna wildintellect markusN TemptorSent
- Role call:
cvvergara markusN TemptorSent wildintellect jef
Talk about hardware plans
- Setup new hardware (maybe we can start together in session) - Regina confirmed can connect to OSUOSL Network via OpenVPN, asked for ips of things can connect to)
- Need to fill in Wiki page and get started doing something with it SAC_Service_Status#osgeo_7.
- We need to flesh out the setup details and start setting it up Osgeo7.
- provided info on how to connect to osgeo7 and that the usb with 18.04 is plugged in ( offered strk up to help setup as part of PostGIS code sprint)
- trying to use the vpn
- robe: they link they sent for the box - with my OSUOSL vpn on, I can't get to it, could just be a local problem on my computer
- wildintellect: haven't tried yet
- task: test connection to OSUOL by robe and wildintellect (date & time TBD)
- Accessing using VPN
can we use the students for something?
September 20th Tasks for students
- research about uploading and do virus scanned on uploading items
- research LDAP/SSH key
- Students will work on badges for wiki and webpage
- after program ends we can decide which one (if any) we can use
Open tickets needing attention
- blocker https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2196
- maybe we could also setup a domain like elections.osgeo.org too
- important that only CRO has access to elections stuff
- https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2199 Upload FOSS4G PDF
- homework: add issues to the list above thinking on what we can do this month
- are we feeling ok now with the cracked geotools account on osgeo6?
- We need to change the passwords, and move to key only login
- the question is how to deploy the keys
- One or all 4 keys?
- confirmed password auth is now off
- we should clean the keys and deploy new ones
- geotools should create new keys and supply the public key.
Proposed Time: Thursday Sep 27th 2018 20 UTC