NOTE: This VM was containerized as lxd container - old-webextra and is now on osgeo7.
The Web Extra VM is an old Debian virtual machine administered by SAC, hosted on OSGeo7 at OSU OSL and is used for hosting old web sites. It is the plan that all active things on it will eventually be migrated to newer OS. For Projects who have services on old-webextra, SAC will be willing to provide a dedicated VM for your project as long as you manage the administration of said VM.
The VM is reachable by ssh via Accesing osgeo7 containers via ssh . Anyone in the https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_shell.py?group=sac (SAC) list has ssh access, and anyone in this group can add new people via the link.
- 1 Existing Services on Web Extra VM
Existing Services on Web Extra VM
The web server is Apache, with configurations in default places.
HTTPS is done with a mix of letsencrypt and commercial certificates. Letsencrypt ones are in /etc/letsencrypt, others are in /etc/ssl. As of October 2016, only europe.foss4g.or uses the letsencrypt certificate.
mum03.mapserver.org (DEAD - just get an under maintenance page)
- Admined by FrankW
- static html historial site
- Backup available in /osgeo/backup/longterm/mum03 on BackupVM.
- /osgeo/venus (venus2?)
- Admined: Paolo Corti, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas, Mateusz Loskot, Christopher Schmidt
- See also: PlanetOSGeo
- All admins can be contacted by e-mail on planet (at) osgeo (dot) org
- Static html site
- Brian (darkblueb) /Alex (wildintellect)
Status: reboot and locked
TODO: implement moderated queue or other antispam measure
- content is in sqlite DB
- Spam removal howto: to be implemented
- Admined by FrankW, jmckenna
- used for FOSS4G 2011 workshop files (through SFTP)
Includes main www and FOSS4G 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
- updated 2018-09-05: several sites stored in gitea (main, 2017, 2016, video) see https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/foss4g
- 2011 is on webvm - as it's using Drupal
- Most are static dumps from CMSs that were used,
- 2008 uses the OCS instance (conference.osgeo.org) hosted on webextra
- Most being moved from osgeo1 29sep11 by tmitchell
- 2010 also moved from projects vm:
- 2013 site lives in svn and is checked out here manually
- Static archives are being made in September 2014. I am using
wget -m -k -E -w 10 http://2010.foss4g.org -o 2010revised to wget -m -k -K -E -p -w 10 http://2010.foss4g.org -o 2010_2.
- Preliminary review indicates that this method is working, would like to ask the LOCs and chair of previous conferences if the archive is correct before discarding the running CMSs
- 2008 doesn't look like it worked fully, will try adding -p to see if that helps.
- Also mirroring http://foss4g-e.org/ which will then be served off of europe.foss4g.org, not sure what needs to be done to make that work, trying the same thing.
- Once done, need to do backups
- Backups should be put /mirror/longterm on backup.osgeo.org as a comperessed tar file per the instructions there (maybe here?, SAC:Backups).
List of past events: http://www.foss4g.org/
- Serves as http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
- Lives in /var/www/tiles/vmap0 and /mapdata (2.3G)
- Originally setup by Chris Schmidt.
- Currently produces the bulk of load on the webextra VM.
- Presumably this is widely used as a default layer in OpenLayers.
- For the purpose of sharing the load, a copy of this service has been set up on "sphere.telascience.org" and a round-robin DNS provides balancing (Martin Spott).