Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
The 2013 OSGeo the Charter Members election will take place in July 2013, followed by the Board nominations and elections in August so that new board members have a chance to meet face-to-face at FOSS4G in Nottingham, UK in September.
Charter Member Election
As every year we are electing new Charter Members into the Foundation.
- See the official list of Charter Members as of 2012.
- Full details of the Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2012 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2013-07-09 to 2013-07-23 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the nominated person first!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - email@example.com - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2013
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, charter member nominees are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Vote for new Charter Members: 2013-07-25 to 2013-08-01 (1 week)
All 2013 nominees were accepted into Charter Membership by common consent (see results below).
Final Status: 2013-08-02
- As per OSGeo bylaws we are free to add between 10% and one third of the existing charter membership. With 144 existing members in 2012 this means between 14 and 48 new members. Update: During Board_Meeting_2013-07-11 the OSGeo Board decided to accept 30 new Charter Members for 2013; however on 2013-07-29 the Board decided to accept all 37 nominations.
- The new charter members for 2013 are (in alphabetical order):
- Sergio Acosta y Lara (Uruguay)
- Eli Adam (USA)
- Till Adams (Germany)
- Dan Ames (USA)
- Peter Baumann (Germany)
- Just van den Broecke (The Netherlands)
- Yann Chemin (Sri Lanka)
- Silvana Comboin (Brazil)
- Paolo Corti (Italy)
- Phillip Davis (USA)
- Maxim Dubinin (Russia)
- Ian Edwards (United Kingdom)
- Dirk Frigne (Belgium)
- Alessandro Furieri (Italy)
- Taichi FURUHASHI (Japan)
- Micho García (Spain)
- Codrina Maria Ilie (Romania)
- Nobusuke IWASAKI (Japan)
- Marc Jansen (Germany)
- Borys Jurgiel (Poland)
- Daniel Kastl (Germany)
- Helmut Kudrnovsky (Austria)
- Harish Kumar Solanki (India)
- Marco Lechner (Germany)
- Minpa Lee (Korea)
- Mark,Leslie (Australia)
- Daniel McInerney (Ireland)
- Volker Mische (Germany)
- Sarawut NINSAWAT (Thailand)
- Vincent Picavet (France)
- François Prunayre (France)
- Maria Arias de Reyna (Spain)
- Pekka Sarkola (Finland)
- Yoichi SEINO (Japan)
- Tuong Thuy VU (Malaysia)
- Nikos Ves (Greece)
- Nathan Woodrow (Australia)
- The full list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2013
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 4 seats up for election this year.
- Peter Batty, Michael Gerlek, and Mark Lucas have reached the end of their 2-year term, Jáchym Čepický has reached the end of his 1 year interim term. Board members wishing to stand in the 2013 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Michael Gerlek is not standing for re-election.
- Peter Batty is not standing for re-election.
- Mark Lucas is not standing for re-election.
- Jáchym Čepický is standing for re-election.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are
Nominate new Board Members - 2013-08-05 - 2012-08-20 (2 weeks)
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by 23:59 (your time zone) on Tuesday 20 August 2013
- Remember that only the Charter Members are eligible for a seat on the Board and voting but that anybody can nominate a board member.
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2013
Vote for new Board Members - 2013-08-23 - 2013-09-06
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2013 list.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names up to 4 lines long (one vote per board slot).
- You can cast up to 4 votes, for 4 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote!
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 6 September 2013.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2013 Results on 7 September 2013.
- Contact email@example.com with questions.