This election schedule has been approved by vote on the board mailing list on 2011-07-29
- 1 Board Election
- 2 Charter Member Election
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 5 seats up for election this year.
- Markus Neteler, Chris Schmidt, Geoff Zeiss, Jeff McKenna and Ravi Kumar have reached the end of their 2-year term. Board members wishing to stand in the 2011 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Arnulf Christl, Frank Warmerdam, Tim Schaub and Daniel Morissette
Nominate new Board Members - 2011-07-29 - 2011-08-07
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member
- Email a nomination, consisting of name and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (your time zone) on Sunday 7th August 2011
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - email@example.com - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2011
Vote for new Board Members - 2011-08-11 - 2011-08-21
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2011 list
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names up to 5 lines long (one vote per board slot)
- You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote.
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 21-August-2011
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2011 Results
- Contact email@example.com with questions
Charter Member Election
In 2011 we are adding up to 20 new Charter Members to the Foundation (20% as decided at Booard Meeting, see minutes).
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2010
- Positive Attributes for new Charter Members
- Full details of the New Membership Process
- The New Member Nominations 2010 provide an illustration
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer
Nominate new Charter Members: 2011-11-04 to 2011-11-17
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - email@example.com - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2011
Vote for new Charter Members: 2011-11-19 to 2011-11-27
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 20 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 20 different people, or the same person 20 times, or any balance in between.
Final Status: 2011-11-29
- Note that we had a tie for the 20th slot, so it was decided by the CRO to welcome 21 new charter members for this year instead of 20 since that still fits within the limits of 20% new charter members set by the board at the 2011-09-17 board meeting (i.e. 20% of 104 = 20.8)
- The new charter members for 2011 are (in alphabetical order):
- Bob Basques
- Brian Case
- Eric Lemoine
- Even Rouault
- G.Hanumantha Rao
- Gabriel Roldán
- Jachym Cepicky
- Lluís Vicens
- Luca Delucchi
- Maning Sambale
- Margherita Di Leo
- Martin Daly
- Martin Landa
- Massimo Di Stefano
- Nicolas Bozon
- Sanghee Shin
- Stephen Woodbridge
- Suchith Anand
- Tim Sutton
- Xianfeng Song
- Yoicihi Kayama
- The list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2011