Jump to navigation Jump to search
This election schedule has been approved by vote on the board mailing list.
- 1 Charter Member Election
- 2 Board Election
Charter Member Election
In 2012 we are adding up to 20 new Charter Members to the Foundation.
- Official list of Charter Members as of 2011.
- Full details of the New Membership Process.
- The New Member Nominations 2011 provide an illustration.
- The role of the Chief Returning Officer.
Nominate new Charter Members: 2012-06-22 to 2012-07-06
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please email email@example.com with their name, contact email and paragraph describing why you are recommending this person as a Charter Member
- Please also feel free to cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- The list of nominees will be compiled at: New Member Nominations 2012
Nominated Member Introductions
- During the period between a nomination and the start of the election, nominated charter members are encouraged to introduce themselves on the OSGeo discussion list (email@example.com).
Vote for new Charter Members: 2012-07-07 to 2012-07-20
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of names 20 lines long (one vote per new member slot)
- You can vote for 20 different people, or the same person 20 times, or any balance in between.
Final Status: 2012-07-22
- Note: There were 22 nominations for Charter Membership. As per OSGeo bylaws we are free to add between 10% and one third of the existing charter membership. With 125 existing members in 2011 this means between 13 and 42 new members. Therefore the Board motioned to accept all 22 nominees as new Charter members.
- The new charter members for 2012 are (in alphabetical order):
- Andrea Aimee (Italy)
- Thomas Bonfort (France)
- Ragi Yaser Burhum (Peru)
- Massimiliano Cannata (Italy)
- Karel Charvat (Czech Republic)
- Serena Coetzee (South Africa)
- Vasile Craciunescu (Romania)
- Pedro-Juan Ferrer (Spain)
- Anita Graser (Austria)
- Brian Hamlin (United States)
- Jan Jezek (Czech Republic)
- Barend Kobben (Netherlands)
- Dimitris Kotzinos (Greece)
- Peter Löwe (Germany)
- César Medina (Chile)
- Mauricio Miranda (Argentina)
- Jean-Roc Morreale (France)
- Doug Newcomb (United States)
- Victor Olaya (Spain)
- Praveen K. Sinha (India)
- Michael Smith (United States)
- Angelos Tzotsos (Greece)
- The list of nominees is at New Member Nominations 2012
- Following the Board Election Procedure there are 5 seats up for election this year.
- Arnulf Christl, Frank Warmerdam, Daniel Morissette, Tim Schaub have reached the end of their 2-year term and Jeff McKenna decided to step down in February 2012 before his second term ended. Board members wishing to stand in the 2012 election must receive a nomination, like any other candidate.
- Continuing Board members who have another year to serve are Peter Batty, Jo Cook, Michael Gerlek, and Mark Lucas.
Nominate new Board Members - 2012-07-23 - 2012-08-01
- Please confirm with the person that they would like to stand for election as a Board member.
- Email a nomination, consisting of name, current country of residence and a paragraph describing why you think this person would make a good Board member, to email@example.com by 23:59 (your time zone) on Wednesday 1st August 2012
- Please also cc: the nomination to the OSGeo discussion list - firstname.lastname@example.org - so the community can be nudged along and have a sense of what is going on.
- Remember that only Charter Members of OSGeo are eligible for a seat on the Board
- The final list will be collected at Board Member Nominations 2012
Vote for new Board Members - 2012-08-03 - 2012-08-12
- Only Charter Members are eligible to vote.
- Choose from Board Member Nominations 2012 list.
- Email email@example.com with a list of names up to 5 lines long (one vote per board slot).
- You can cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people. Multiple votes for one person will be counted as one vote.
- Voting closes at 23:59 (your timezone) 12-August-2012.
- Results will be posted at Board Election 2012 Results on 14 August 2012.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.