SAC Meeting 2017-10-26
Please list the meeting topics, and link to relevant SAC tickets when possible. Meeting will be for assigning tasks, updating status, and voting. Majority of discussions should happen on the mailing list and IRC in before and after meetings. Estimated 30-60 minutes.
Time and Date: UTC: Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 7:00 pm
- Refresh list of "primary administrators"
Topics carried over from where we left off at last meeting
- New Website status report see Discussion for status details UPDATED
- Where to put the source code deliverable (Wordpress theme)? Git on Gitlab Public or OSGeo Git Public or Private.
- Status of VM migration.
- GIT services status report
- Steps needed to upgrade Gogs to Gitea (drone upgrade to 0.8) Regina and Sandro to migrate Drone
- Steps needed to migrate experimental GitLab to reasonable/proper host
- New sysadmin contract - Martin Spott said his company would be interested ALL ok'd Martin's offer, Alex to put out official MOTION and contract terms
- Next meeting proposed for same time, NOV 9th,2017
- LDAP configuration of new machines Discussed Martin to outline steps on Wiki
Topics carried over for next meeting
- Available machines and their load (osgeo4 retirement plan)
Proposed Time: UTC: Thursday, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Question: Should we adjust due to shifts in Daylight Savings time? Yes moved to UTC: Thursday, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:00 pm
- Jody Garnett (briefly)
Not Covered, Move to next Meeting
- Setting aside money for Cloud Servers, How much can we afford, what providers.
- I think we should consider a couple since each has strengths (e.g. some allow stop start, many allow create/drop instead of buying a specific server, some provide lots of bandwidth and automated backups but may have smaller size etc, many offer lots of OS, some are limited to just one etc) and maybe not put all our money in one
- Digital Ocean (Droplet), Linode, Amazon EC, SoftLayer, Atlantic.net and other smaller players
- Committee Guidelines - The board wants to know how we officially make decisions. We've never formalized this.
- Road ahead?